Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

I just don’t understand the reasoning for cramming more seats in. They can’t fill the seats they have. Why wouldn’t you rather have less comfortable seats and have the stadium more full than a whole bunch of smaller seats which you can’t fill and annoy people on the size so now they don’t come back.

I mean, they have just completed a massive renovation of the stadium so I don't know by what logic they would "keep focusing on the stadium experience."
Obviously undertaking this was one the things Shaprio was hired to do.
Equally obviously, it's a safe bet they don't want attendance to tank because of a bad team now that they spent all that money fixing the stadium and creating an environment designed to generate more revenue from the same building.

I'll be perfectly happy if the GM is gone after the season but I think it's a stretch to suggest the team has gotten worse because they (so to speak) took their eye off the ball and directed resources to one thing and not the other. The new home plate seats aren't the reason Ohtani didn't sign here and they didn't trade Moreno because of the Corona patio, for example.

I just don’t understand the reasoning for cramming more seats in. They can’t fill the seats they have. Why wouldn’t you rather have less comfortable seats and have the stadium more full than a whole bunch of smaller seats which you can’t fill and annoy people on the size so now they don’t come back.

Not sure what you're referencing. The capacity of the stadium has gone from roughly 50k to roughly 39k.
Definitely not more seats being crammed in...

There’s about 10k less seats now then there was pre-reno so what are you even talking about?

There’s about 10k less seats now then there was pre-reno so what are you even talking about?

I believe the reference is to all the "fan experience" areas that they're shoe horniness in everywhere.

On top of the dugout, 500 level, etc. They are putting in viewing platforms and seats wherever they can to increase overall capacity.

I believe at one point the Rogers Centre had a max capacity of just over 50000 patrons.

I believe the reference is to all the "fan experience" areas that they're shoe horniness in everywhere.

On top of the dugout, 500 level, etc. They are putting in viewing platforms and seats wherever they can to increase overall capacity.

I believe at one point the Rogers Centre had a max capacity of just over 50000 patrons.
I think @sixrings meant in order to accommodate the new common spaces, they had to sacrifice the amount of space allocated to each seat. However, before the renovations, the stadium had a capacity of 49,282 for baseball, and more than that for other events.

The current seating capacity of 39,150 is lower than most MLB stadiums, but its land area also appears to be on the low side based on satellite imagery.

As for filling the stadium to capacity, the Blue Jays' performance is definitely an important variable, but I also consider the sports Toronto cares about.

I was referring to leg and elbow room. I’d rather have larger chairs like the vip movie theatre and less of these social areas to reduce the size of the building. Than social areas with remaining seats of poorer than previous leg and elbow room.

I say that as someone who isn’t even fat. I can’t imagine going to a game overweight which is half our population.

Back