Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

The constant movement of people behind the home plate seats is distracting. Putting a barrier behind the last row of seats would solve this and also help cover some of that faux stone

To be fair, there was always constant movement with the waitresses serving the fans behind home plate.

Personally, I find the solid, flat grey walls higher up in the 100 levels look worse. I think it might have looked better if it were the same dark blue as the centre field wall.

Not a fan of the seating behind home plate as a viewer at home on TV. The back wall make it look like I am watching the zoom fans that the NBA had during its pandemic season. Very weird to me.

View attachment 554786

I just posted the exact same in my baseball fantasy league group chat. It's to bright, the advertising on the back wall is extremely distracting, and the fans behind the plate are way to close and intrusive. Not to mention all those weird graphics hanging down from roof during pauses in the action.

This might be good for the younger generation, but for baseball purist like myself this is having the exact opposite effect. I'm already getting turned off by the constant bombarding of sports betting ads, tickers, billboards, etc. Like everything else now, way to flashy and polished. Like what is "Bochner"?

Its change so we are not use to this. Its been so long since change? Either way, it will grow on me and everyone else.

I promise you it won't grow on me. I find it so bad I'm struggling just to watch it. I will certainly be watching a lot less this year.

Not all is terrible, from a tv watching experience. The outfield changes along the foul lines look great and make the field appear much cozier.

Not all is terrible, from a tv watching experience. The outfield changes along the foul lines look great and make the field appear much cozier.

Yeah I thought everything else looked better, the problem is 80% is that shot of pitcher vs batter, and I found it painful.

I promise you it won't grow on me. I find it so bad I'm struggling just to watch it. I will certainly be watching a lot less this year.
it was weird for the first inning then i got used to it. youve been insufferably negative about the renos throughout, so im not surprised at your inability to cope

lol, outrageous take. Turned the game on, thought, "oh, different look", and then got used to it by the next inning. You clearly aren't a fan, or are looking to be cynical, if you stopped watching because the premium club wall was a stone grey color.

Calgarian here, been to a few games over the years....all told I think they did a great job! Fresh, color scheme is clean. Compared to other domed parks, it's basically now in the same ballpark, pun intended.

The CGI advertisement behind home plate is better than the faux stone panels. LOL Box seats right behind home plate is par for the course nowadays as is split faced stone. I find the CGI advertisement in Leaf broadcasts more distracting than the ones behind home plate even though they are less in your face.

Again, not from TO, so for those more in the know now that's it's complete....aside from the exterior and some sunlight in, would spending 1.5-2B on a new park actually achieve much more beyond what's been created now? If you are in a dome already, going to open air will never happen. Like obviously it will need to be replaced eventually, but is there really a rush now?

Back