Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Why would they start earlier?

I believe someone in the organization suggested as much. But there is a lot to do for just phase 1. Had the team made it to the World Series, the earliest renovations could have begun would have been mid November. Now, they could in theory start a month earlier, if they wish.

I mean the main obstacle that was in the way for renovations got it handed to them by the Mariners last night. And embarrassingly so...

...thus the question should be: Why wouldn't they start earlier now?

Blog TO has some updates

FhxTc3RaMAAm45d

This is some classic BlogTO writing:

The seventh oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball is now undergoing a $300 million patchwork upgrade that will breathe just enough new life into the aging facility to keep it going for another decade or so.

Work entails a massive overhaul for the 1989-built domed behemoth's fan experience, introducing new patio-style seating on the 500 level, and elevated seats next to foul poles with a protruding section that will bring fans closer to the game.

In the space of a couple of paragraphs they describe it as "a patchwork upgrade," a "massive overhaul," and of course the headline is that the stadium has been "torn to shreds," which goes nicely with previous posts by them saying "you won't recognize" what they've done to the stadium. It's really a masterclass in disingenuous cliickbait. Plus they're not doing any "reporting," just posting what other people posted on Twitter.

That said....... cool to see what's going on!

This is some classic BlogTO writing:

The seventh oldest ballpark in Major League Baseball is now undergoing a $300 million patchwork upgrade that will breathe just enough new life into the aging facility to keep it going for another decade or so.

Work entails a massive overhaul for the 1989-built domed behemoth's fan experience, introducing new patio-style seating on the 500 level, and elevated seats next to foul poles with a protruding section that will bring fans closer to the game.

In the space of a couple of paragraphs they describe it as "a patchwork upgrade," a "massive overhaul," and of course the headline is that the stadium has been "torn to shreds," which goes nicely with previous posts by them saying "you won't recognize" what they've done to the stadium. It's really a masterclass in disingenuous cliickbait. Plus they're not doing any "reporting," just posting what other people posted on Twitter.

That said....... cool to see what's going on!

I had hopes that BlogTO would be respectable when taken over by Moses Znaimer however that was not to be the case.

Just today they posted another article about how much salt is used as if it is a national crisis.. https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/11/toronto-flooding-sidewalks-salt-boots/

I had hopes that BlogTO would be respectable when taken over by Moses Znaimer however that was not to be the case.

Just today they posted another article about how much salt is used as if it is a national crisis.. https://www.blogto.com/city/2022/11/toronto-flooding-sidewalks-salt-boots/

I'm not going to click; just assume it's something like "A lot of salt is being used and Canadians are losing their minds!"

To keep thing on thread - it's cool seeing these pictures and how fast the work is going. I assume the team will do some official postings with even better detail soon enough.
And as brutal as the playoff loss to Seattle was, they were gonna get their butts kicked by Houston anyway, so perhaps it's just as well they were able to start construction 1 or 2 weeks earlier...

I'm not going to click; just assume it's something like "A lot of salt is being used and Canadians are losing their minds!"

To keep thing on thread - it's cool seeing these pictures and how fast the work is going. I assume the team will do some official postings with even better detail soon enough.
And as brutal as the playoff loss to Seattle was, they were gonna get their butts kicked by Houston anyway, so perhaps it's just as well they were able to start construction 1 or 2 weeks earlier...

I think it's moot point. Either way the place would be ready for the opening of the 2023 season, so another play off round would have been really nice.

Back