River City Condos Phase 3 | 100m | 29s | Urban Capital | Saucier + Perrotte

Yegger

Member Bio
Reaction score
I feel like this building’s massing could’ve been improved by having the floorplate taper as it rose as it is top heavy. That said, the quality is irrefutable. This is what happens when a cohesive vision is developed and implemented without cutting corners. @skycandy’s 3rd photo could’ve been taken in Copenhagen. Thanks for the pics.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I feel like this building’s massing could’ve been improved by having the floorplate taper as it rose as it is top heavy. That said, the quality is irrefutable. This is what happens when a cohesive vision is developed and implemented without cutting corners. @skycandy’s 3rd photo could’ve been taken in Copenhagen. Thanks for the pics.
First of all, it doesn't look top heavy to me, but…

I don't understand how you can look at a design that is meant to 'break all the rules,' and then seriously declare 'well, it would work better if it followed this rule.' If it did, then it wouldn't be River City 3, it would be Yegger City 3, which breaks all rules except one chosen arbitrarily.

The deal with buildings of this nature is that they are meant to look like they shouldn't be the way they are, and removing the elements that provoke would only water them down. Take away the odd massing here and you remove a major element of what makes River City 3, River City 3.