Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

I wish there were more water features around there. I know there is a fish fountain, just west of this site but I'd really like to see more water in the plaza area.

The fish fountain is never on !

Today:

h5ahVaO.jpg

bMy8Yp5.jpg

MA8qZlH.jpg

ormJSJa.jpg

There's a cool rendinering on site regarding what it's going to look like, the area around the CN tower. Sorry no pics.

Yep thanks ! Is that a fountain I spot near the base ?

Oh - this is better. Also from 2009:

ScreenShot003-1.jpg

ScreenShot004-1.jpg

Looks like even this one has been altered since, regarding the new tower entrance attached to the tower leg and landscaping.
Thanks for the colour pic Chester.

Last edited:
Have to say - they can't seem to get the landscaping of the area right. Not then, and not now. Like seriously, they could have softened up the area a bit with the use of more appropriate plantings, instead of repeating the windswept plaza motif again and again with some pathetic looking vegetation as afterthought.

re: Aquarium - the glass for the entry atrium look impressively clear, expensive (ultra) low iron glass?

AoD

Last edited:
I like the older plan from 2009 -- seems more logically laid out, retaining some kind of plaza that centers the tower, and there is retail along Bremer on the south side of the aquarium rather than a big wall. It is interesting why these plans change so much. What reasons? There is something labeled "phase 2" on the north side of the aquarium -- what is that?

Back