Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

I think Ontario Place is spectacular and has so much potential for greatness. I LOVE those floating pods and the park in general. It's so unique. Centre Island is another one-of-a-kind gem, right beside our downtown. How many large cities have something like that just minutes from downtown? What about the hugeness of The Leslie Street Spit and Rouge Park? Don't forget the Beauty of The Scarborough Bluffs. The buildings at the CNE are quite impressive too. Our waterfront is interesting to explore, with all those hidden spaces and Quays. The beaches is a nice place but it could be a magnificent beach with some work. Even our West Waterfront has some beautiful parks. Sure, there is lots of room for improvement but the potential is there. As for the aquarium, I was hoping for something much nicer and on the water but I guess we have to just settle for what we get. Hopefully, we will get another icon, besides Ontario Place, on our waterfront. We need some major tourist attractions and great public areas. Canada Square might be nice.

I completely agree with you, but the problem is that most of those places are not easy to access without having a car. Public tranist on the waterfron needs to be better and i hope they don't cancel the Queen's Quay transformation because it will surely help with this issue.
What is this Canada Square you speak of?

And whoever said the BMO field location was a huge mistake, can i ask why? I think BMO field has done wonders for the area. It's not a big concrete slab stadium.

Toronto will have a huge park it's citizens can go wander and play in once a pedestrian bridge to connect to the islands is built. However i don't see that happening in the next 2 decades.

As for the aquarium i would have preferred it on the waterfront but i think it will be a great addition next to the CN tower. And Ripleys is not what i would call cheap and i think it will be a huge success. Now if only we can get a madame tussaud or a canadian entertainment museum.

from today
20110724a078.jpg

20110724a079.jpg

Funny, one of the things I was critical of about the selection of this site was that I didn't think it would be big enough.

Your first shot especially, JZ, sure makes it look pretty damn big.

Here's hoping they manage to pull this off.

The area around the tower will finally realize its potential as Toronto's Clifton Hill. With City Place Park and now this, I'm simply dazzled by the development hereabouts so far.

And so it has begun.......

I am looking forward to this project more so than most other condo starts.

I can't believe this is going ahead. They can't get an aquarium done on the waterfront, but the base of the CN Tower makes sense?

Last edited:
the western skywalk entrance has been shutdown now.... but the signed detour is nowhere to be seen, leading to quite a few lost people who are not use to the back (eastern?) connection....

Back