Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

There appears to be a new roof lighting feature between the black tiled sharks angled for viewing from the tower and highlighting the Ripley logo. Heavy mist tonight so sorry for the quality...

After a lengthy search, I found an elusive and rare to find green and blue Lawn-worm shark. A native life-form of the planet Arrakis.
Lucky for me I knew about its propensity to seek out and feast on its favorite prey, the Eastern francophone Canadian black squirrel.

I'm sending these prized pics to the National Geographic Magazine for their consideration.

DSC04897.JPG

DSC04899.JPG

Poor Jean Guy, the fence wasn't high enough.

fullsizeoutput_3178.jpeg

DSC04903.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3177.jpeg

After a lengthy search, I found an elusive and rare to find green and blue Lawn-worm shark. A native life-form of the planet Arrakis.
Lucky for me I knew about its propensity to seek out and feast on its favorite prey, the Eastern francophone Canadian black squirrel.

I'm sending these prized pics to the National Geographic Magazine for their consideration.

Poor Jean Guy, the fence wasn't high enough

The spice must flow...until you find out what the spice is made out of.

AoD

I’m curious when this was built was there any allowance for a future expansion. Every time I’ve been here it’s been absolutely packed, so I suspect attendance is not an issue, if not the opposite. Mind you, none of that is necessarily incentive on their part.

IMG_1367.jpeg

I’m curious when this was built was there any allowance for a future expansion. Every time I’ve been here it’s been absolutely packed, so I suspect attendance is not an issue, if not the opposite. Mind you, none of that is necessarily incentive on their part.

View attachment 565160
Not obvious to me how they could expand it but it IS very popular and, rather surprisingly, due to my cynical self, worth visiting.

Right for the amount of content. I really wish they could expand somehow somewhere

There's a reason why when the Toronto Public Library had free city attraction passes and people had to physically line up to get them, the Ripley's Aquarium ones were the most highly sought after and people queued up extra early in hopes to snatch one. I even witnessed a verbal altercation that someone got into with a library staff once at the Lillian H. Smith branch, after not being able to secure a pass for the aquarium.

I don't understand why the TPL is giving out free passes to the aquarium or other tourist sites - the concept never made sense to me. Are they getting a deal i.e. it's actually free to the TPL - or are they spending their budget on this ?

I'm completely open to giving it to people who couldn't otherwise afford it but as far as I understand it anyone with a TPL card (which is literarily anyone and everyone) is eligible. How does that make any sense ?

I don't understand why the TPL is giving out free passes to the aquarium or other tourist sites - the concept never made sense to me. Are they getting a deal i.e. it's actually free to the TPL - or are they spending their budget on this ?

I'm completely open to giving it to people who couldn't otherwise afford it but as far as I understand it anyone with a TPL card (which is literarily anyone and everyone) is eligible. How does that make any sense ?
The libraries also carry video games and nicki minaj cds. Libraries aren’t what they used to be. Now you could be illiterate and still find something for you to enjoy. Well you might need help finding the section but you know what I mean.

Back