Toronto Ripley's Aquarium of Canada | 13.11m | 2s | Ripley Entertainment | B+H

Was talking to one of my colleagues today who is working down there and he told me "3 weeks"

Was talking to one of my colleagues today who is working down there and he told me "3 weeks"

Thats very unfortunate but I saw this coming with a few insider photos poster earlier. Their website now says "opening soon" instead of September as well.

I have family visiting in a couple weeks, I hope it is open for their visit !

Great shots!

A lot of greenery has been planted here, so I'm hoping that it thrives over the next few years, although one can't expect that it will be in the same caliber as Waterfront Toronto projects with their use of silva cells. It does look really good though and a huge improvement so far.

They already have the signs directing people to the aquarium on the Gardiner, so it won't be long now.

Looking great. I'm pleased with how this project has some tourist flair without being gaudy.

WP_20131010_001.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20131010_001.jpg
    WP_20131010_001.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 838
The concrete planters look rather cheap, especially the ones not even completely filled with dirt. I'm also surprised that the paving at the foot of this international landmark isn't granite.

The concrete planters look rather cheap, especially the ones not even completely filled with dirt. I'm also surprised that the paving at the foot of this international landmark isn't granite.

Granite, pft. Talk about gravy. I'm surprised there's no asphalt. Truly, a letdown.

Look at the shape the CN Tower is in. Horribly oxidized, patchy concrete, permanently attached stage at the base of the tower. If the tower itself looks like a piece of soiled toilet paper, it shouldn't come as a surprise that the landscaping surrounding it is also banal.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the planters are going for a half-empty look to match the glass half-empty attitude of UT forum members! Talk about a tough crowd! ;)

People see what they want to see. As someone who loves both the CN Tower and aquariums, I couldn't be happier about the transformation down here.

It gets a bit much when people go on vacation and see some beautiful piazza or fountain or square in a foreign country and expect that here, too. They obviously ignored all the ugly bits and dark histories in those cities. Our city has cleaned up big time in the last 10 years...and with the 'green' movement, we are getting a ton of new (and sustainable) plantings all over the place.

So there's a friends and family event tomorrow (I had the chance to attend but I'm out of town unfortunately) - which signifies we are very close to opening

Back