Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

IMG_5557.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 447
Respectful scale for the sign. The worst tower signage I've seen recently is just north of city hall on the old Zurich building - the offensive "Tata Consultancy Services" sign emblazoned over the recladded building.

Respectful scale for the sign. The worst tower signage I've seen recently is just north of city hall on the old Zurich building - the offensive "Tata Consultancy Services" sign emblazoned over the recladded building.

Personally, I feel the nearby "Munich RE" sign at 390 Bay is worse.

Agreed the Munich sign has no creativity involved. The Tata consultancy is atleast silly. It always makes me smirk.

I was hoping they would leave this side without a sign. But it's pretty non offensive.

Personally, I feel the nearby "Munich RE" sign at 390 Bay is worse.

All the more so for its replacing the venerable illuminated 390--arguably the Thomson complex's "redeeming factor" (at least to those who miss the Temple building)

All the more so for its replacing the venerable illuminated 390--arguably the Thomson complex's "redeeming factor" (at least to those who miss the Temple building)
Part of me does (and part doesn't) want to see a partial re-clad with a new-old-facadectamy of the Temple building.

Part of me does (and part doesn't) want to see a partial re-clad with a new-old-facadectamy of the Temple building.

Don't.

(Besides, if we were to time-travel back to 1969/70, I suspect we'd think much more highly of the presumably-extant interior. And remember my critique within this thread of the Concourse facadectomy.)

Not a fan of logos in general, but I think it works for the facade facing City Hall, which I've felt has always been the bland side of the building. It's not a bad logo either in comparison to others.

Back