Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I'm noticing w/the deconstruction, it's like a reverse version of the photos of the depression-halted Victory Building on Richmond (of similar concrete construction, and by the same architects)

2009_04_11VictoryBldg450_it0003c.jpg

are they going to built a replica.

Only the South/Eastern facades, and it won't exactly be a replica of those facades either. It'll be the same height, but with less floors, since each floor will be taller (i.e. same height as a normal office floor in the rest of the building). If I remember correctly, the reconstructed facades will have the same height, but 13 floors, instead of the current 17.

Only the South/Eastern facades, and it won't exactly be a replica of those facades either. It'll be the same height, but with less floors, since each floor will be taller (i.e. same height as a normal office floor in the rest of the building). If I remember correctly, the reconstructed facades will have the same height, but 13 floors, instead of the current 17.

That's pretty much what I recall.

Later next week I will be at FCP and will take a few pics from above.

They're working on the 10th floor today. The pace is pretty much 1 floor every 1.5-2 days so would expect they will be done right around the end of the month or just after.

Just walked by. The EYTOWER sinage at the bottom of mk3992's photo is full signage. I'm sure it lights up and all based on the casing. Pretty impressive for hoarding signage!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's pictures... moving very fast, the brick work behind the scaffolding is 100% dismantled. On the east side of the building they started to take down the scaffolding.

20131017_140806_zps010d499a.jpg

20131017_140800_zpsefca3903.jpg

Back