Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Re: Concourse building

The Toronto office market has really tightened up, buildings with high vacancies only a couple years ago seem to have filled up.

My anecdotal observation is that there's plenty of vacant or soon to be vacant downtown office space. We just negotiated a substantial rent reduction for class A- space.

Thanks goodness. A beautiful unique historic building has been saved and a goofy example of facadism has been prevented. We have BA Centre for the goofy facadism now though.

concourse_top.JPEG

Even though they are preserving the facade, its hard to think of the building as historical anymore once its been reconstructed, and part of it it newer materials.

True, but it will continue to be what it is now - decorative, plus something it currently is not - useful.

But I thought this thread was about its being deemed "useful" after all...

That makes sense as the building could not really be updated properly for newer office use, without the thing largely being torn down (which was the 90's proposal for the building).

That really is quite something - heritage restoration plus green building. Thanks for that piece of news.

The city should grant them an additional density bonus to be used elsewhere just for doing that.

AoD

Welcome, Lord Black.

Just one question - does the travel ban includes visiting internet forums not based in Chicago or Florida? :p

AoD

I'm innocent. I'll beat them down to pulp. Nobody does this to a Lord.

I'm interested in knowing what will happen to my building on Toronto street, the one where all that non-evidence was caught on camera, so UT is the way to go. And I'll let you know if the architecture of Chicago jails matches that of its towers. :)

Oh, and Tubby, you might want to wrestle Caltrane for your avatar.

Back