Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Today:

fJXv01p.jpg

You can't really see it in the pictures, but they've got the steel up for the shape of the old house. I wish they'd just stop and reconsider. The tower works a lot better than I'd expected, but that tacked on house facade is going to look ridiculous

I wouldn't fault the RCMI to want to keep the facade of their former home. Military has always had one eye on tradition.

I wouldn't fault the RCMI to want to keep the facade of their former home. Military has always had one eye on tradition.

but this facedectomy is destined to be one of Toronto's penultimate face palm moments. it may not take the title of “stupidest reuse of a heritage building†from the present holder of the award, the inimitably boneheaded incorporation of the facade of John Lyle's studio into the courtyard of 1 Bedford, but it will definitely be ranking very high in awkwardness and sheer ridiculousness.

Just a question out of general interest for thedeepend. If 1 Bedford was the second last facadectomy or "face palm moment" in Toronto what was the last one? And does anyone have a link to a photo?

Just a question out of general interest for thedeepend. If 1 Bedford was the second last facadectomy or "face palm moment" in Toronto what was the last one? And does anyone have a link to a photo?

From the context of his statement, I don't think he meant to say "penultimate" but rather "ultimate". The statement doesn't really make sense otherwise.

From the context of his statement, I don't think he meant to say "penultimate" but rather "ultimate". The statement doesn't really make sense otherwise.

Thank you. I suspected that also but wanted to ask in case there actually was something more recent.

By the way an IPad tries to autocorrect his handle into a couple of interesting variations. Sometime when I am irritated at him, I'll let it stand. :)

does anyone know at which floor they are now and how manu more to go? I guess this one is very close to be topped off.

Thank you. I suspected that also but wanted to ask in case there actually was something more recent.

By the way an IPad tries to autocorrect his handle into a couple of interesting variations. Sometime when I am irritated at him, I'll let it stand. :)

well i guess you're rather easily entertained....

Back