Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Sigh.. We've gone through this before.. The reason that building looks so nice is because it sells for over $5000 a square foot.. It actually looks quite crappy for that price point IMO.

Exactly. It is selling for 10 times the condos in Toronto sell for. Has anyone seen the crap going up in South Loop Chicago? At least we don't have anything that bad (knock on wood).

That NYC looks forgettable and dated to me. I actually like the colour palette on the RCMI project more, to be honest, even if the latter is clad in window-wall.

Some developers have become more savvy about good cladding lately. Not many, but some. Which is encouraging. Pier 27 appears to take this a step further, as the first piece up is a beautiful, smooth section that doesn't make use of clunky mullion caps.

Yep, RCMI should get points for having full height panes of glass cutting down on the number of mullions.

That NYC looks forgettable and dated to me. I actually like the colour palette on the RCMI project more, to be honest, even if the latter is clad in window-wall.

Some developers have become more savvy about good cladding lately. Not many, but some. Which is encouraging. Pier 27 appears to take this a step further, as the first piece up is a beautiful, smooth section that doesn't make use of clunky mullion caps.

I have seen One 57 in person, It's one of the most beautiful modern building under construction in the entire world right now.

people need to stop giving one 57 so much praise, its nothing special for the prices. Its a nice building, but because its in NYC it gets the hype.

This project looks great, and breaks from the typical cladding seen on most recent condos in the city. A fine addition to University Ave. and more than just filler. Nice work by Tribute to make the most of this project. I am hopeful that more developers will follow suit.

January 7th:

CIMG5301_zps4deb5e59.jpg

CIMG5300_zpsb4a6d139.jpg

Wasn't able to snap a pic, but I saw this guy lit up from the inside at night and I have to say the dark mullions , when lit with warm light from the inside, are going to give this building a very nice vertical feeling. Think TD Towers, albeit not quite the same quality (not looking to start a debate on that, just using it as a general reference).

Back