Toronto Reina Condos | 30.95m | 9s | Urban Capital | BDP Quadrangle

From Instagram

Screenshot_20231123_173214_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_142847_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_142856_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_142904_Instagram.jpg

The Queensway fascinates me. As an arterial road earmarked for intensification it will transform into a very different looking street 20+ years from now. Perhaps too much to hope for but with mid-rises (and a few high-rises at major intersections) maybe the Queen Subway (first proposed in 1911) will one day get built: from the Beaches in the east all the way to Sherway Gardens. As they're building the downtown section of the Ontario Line on Queen, a new Queen Subway could jog south to King Street in the downtown.

Then pedestrianization of the Queensway? Quality pavers, a double row of trees on both sidewalks, buried electrical? It has the potential to be a beautiful urban street one day.

The Queensway fascinates me. As an arterial road earmarked for intensification it will transform into a very different looking street 20+ years from now. Perhaps too much to hope for but with mid-rises (and a few high-rises at major intersections) maybe the Queen Subway (first proposed in 1911) will one day get built: from the Beaches in the east all the way to Sherway Gardens. As they're building the downtown section of the Ontario Line on Queen, a new Queen Subway could jog south to King Street in the downtown.

Then pedestrianization of the Queensway? Quality pavers, a double row of trees on both sidewalks, buried electrical? It has the potential to be a beautiful urban street one day.
...But today it's a noisy car sewer. Can't say I ever enjoy my time here, even on a nice summer's day

Back