Toronto Regional Board of Trade Regional Rail Report

Reecemartin

Member Bio
Reaction score

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Just taking a quick glance but the report seems a bit short sighted. No mention of Bolton service, Richmond Hill line doesn't continue on to Bloomington, no midtown corridor proposal. I feel like there have been better proposals on this forum.

Shown here:

1617028992310.png

Haydenpoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sadly the frequency on the Stouffville is less than what Metrolinx proposed in the GO Expansion Business Case (6 train vs 8 train per hour) in the off-peak.

TerryJohnson

Member Bio
Reaction score
The suburb-to-suburb connection using the CP alignment is something the Toronto region would really benefit from, but I bet there are some raised eyebrows in Calgary this morning.

aquateam

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did a video on this!

Hey @Reecemartin, I like watching your videos and I think they make good points, but I wanted to just offer one constructive suggestion. Railfans love maps, trains, and renderings so I think your videos would benefit if you threw in more visuals to show what you're talking about instead of it just being you talking to the camera. I know it's (much) more editing work, but all the top youtubers tend to be about 10% footage of them, 90% the subject they're talking about. Just some well-meaning feedback.

Keep up the good work!

Reecemartin

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey @Reecemartin, I like watching your videos and I think they make good points, but I wanted to just offer one constructive suggestion. Railfans love maps, trains, and renderings so I think your videos would benefit if you threw in more visuals to show what you're talking about instead of it just being you talking to the camera. I know it's (much) more editing work, but all the top youtubers tend to be about 10% footage of them, 90% the subject they're talking about. Just some well-meaning feedback.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! I am working more stuff in over time as I improve, for this video it was a case of just needing to get it out quick!

afransen

Member Bio
Reaction score
The TRBOT Released a big new report on Regional Rail for the Toronto Region today:

https://www.bot.com/Portals/0/NewsDocuments/3292021News Release- Regional rail offers pragmatic solution to transportation woes .pdf

Lots of smart thinking and stuff I think the seasoned UrbanToronto viewer would enjoy! I did a Twitter Thread Summarizing and I may do a video!

Cheers!
Reece, did you get the report early on embargo? You had a pretty detailed video ready to go.