Toronto Regent Park: The Sumach by Chartwell | 42.06m | 12s | Chartwell | SvN

Further progress...(most balcony glass installed, sidewalks, lighting, restaurant info).

Glass so reflective, tough to get this shot....

Attachments

• Sumach4.jpg
    Sumach4.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 487
The David Miller legacy continues to unfold and bear fruit--amazing what he accomplished in just 2 terms.

It's sad how many people still shit on him. What have the two subsequent mayors accomplished in comparison?

Miller got brought down by one big error - the garbage strike. And it brought him down hard. We've paid with 12 years of austerity and the Ford sega, still unfolding.

I pray that Tory holds true to his 2 term promise and we get a more progressive mayor back again in 2022.

Brick + Dark Mullions = Handsomeness.

Sumach1.jpg

Tree plantings occurred a couple of days ago...

Sumach2.jpg

Tree planting out front plus red awning for outside seating area for Italian Bistro...

Sumach3.jpg

Finishing touches inside bistro (and some tables for outside?)...

Sumach4.jpg

Sumach5.jpg

Meanwhile, for the residents...

Sumach6.jpg

...another area in back and around the corner...

Sumach7.jpg

Green roof...

Sumach8.jpg

Sumach9.jpg

Sumach10.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen this building up close and it looks great, as does the surrounding sports grounds. Overall, Daniels has done a solid job with Regent Park. I hope they will get to see their vision through for phases 4 and 5.

I've seen this building up close and it looks great, as does the surrounding sports grounds. Overall, Daniels has done a solid job with Regent Park. I hope they will get to see their vision through for phases 4 and 5.
Daniels' architectural choices in Regent Park have been better on average than with the bulk of the rest of their work, on average. Thank goodness: that's been a boon for Regent Park, and if it could continue in phases 4 and 5, great. I would want any winning team to be more adventurous, however, as new buildings march east along Gerrard.

Back