Toronto Regent Park: Block 27 | 94.18m | 29s | TCHC | RAW Design

Potentially the worst building in recent memory:

330B77D9-68CD-4485-ABE1-6660B8042F2D.jpeg
713432A9-C46E-4208-9919-484051550B2B.jpeg
3CA93677-AD0E-405A-8CDE-48E56695D829.jpeg

I recently visited this building 110 River Street and it is not designed well in some parts. There are 3 elevators but they get full very fast with only five people in the elevator as they are quite small and it is quite claustrophobic riding it for a long time as there are more than 30 floors including parking level. There are 6 small laundry rooms. The lobby is quite large although the elevators are hidden in a corner so you can't see who is waiting for the elevator unless you go to that section yourself.

People in this building open the door for other people that don't live in this building creating a security/loitering issue and there is no security on site except when TCHC special constables are called. There are notices in the building that people are leaving garbage in common places and not disposing of it properly. There are several sketchy people living in this building but most of the people seem to keep to themselves.

I truly don't believe this building will age well, there are already marks on the hallway wall on some floors. Quite sad to see people not taking care of the place they live in.

Indeed. However, I will say that Block (Bloc? ;)) 27 is by far the worst tower to have gone up in the Regent Park revitalization. Quite possibly among the Top 5 worst new buildings in the city within the past decade.

Agree. A lot of Regents Park gives reason to cheer but this one's all around grim and depressing.

Back