Toronto RBC WaterPark Place III | 140.2m | 30s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

BA centre is thousands of times better than this. Just because its a box doesn't mean its bad architecture, I'm actually a huge fan of BAC, its easily the best office tower to go up since Scotiaplaza.

Really ? I'd say that'd be Telus by far and large ! I think BA has height going for it, and that's about it. The design is simple and elegant I'll give it that much, and I do like how it meets the ground as well.

Please don't mention Scotia and just about anything else in Toronto (OK .. some exceptions) in the same sentance ; - ), In my opinion Scotia place is one of the finest pieces of architectures for its era in the World .. and this goes for the entire building (the base, the finishings inside ..)

Yeah, Scotia Plaza is my favorite office tower in the GTA! Amongst the already-constructed and under-construction towers from the mid 2000s boom, if Richmond-Adelaide III ends up looking like the render, it'll be my favorite office tower post Scotia Plaza (but still Scotia Plaza will be first overall for me)!

I prefer RBC Wellington and Southcore over Telus. Scotia is a cramped space on the inside. I lost some respect for it because of this.

Like wmedia says ....I would have loved this building...in 1982! While I'm happy for all the office construction going on, please bring it up a notch or two. In most countries major corporation's head offices are a show place not only for the company , but for the people and the nation they represent.

This has turned out to be really disappointing. I think if they'd employed a more reflective type and colour of glass it could've saved this one. I will even go so far as to say that I prefer the old Maclean Hunter Building at Bay and College (777 Bay St.) over this..

image.jpg

Photo courtesy Emporis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,073
Last edited:
This project has moved along at a blinding speed. If only every condo, park, hospital, and subway was paid for by a massive corporation!

I think it is better than the old Maclean Hunter building at College Park, which has aged terribly - but make no mistake, this building is utterly soulless.

AoD

Wow, this is probably the only time where I actually wanted the roof mechanicals to be exposed. Just something to break up the monotony.

The people to blame here are RBC and not Oxford. RBC went to Oxford and basically said - make us the cheapest and most functional building.

The people to blame here are RBC and not Oxford. RBC went to Oxford and basically said - make us the cheapest and most functional building.

+1

they are taking the majority of the building. If they had said "give us soul" Oxford would have been much more than happy to. They said "give us cheap, functional, cheap, high density and cheap."

+1

they are taking the majority of the building. If they had said "give us soul" Oxford would have been much more than happy to. They said "give us cheap, functional, cheap, high density and cheap."

Guess RBC felt like they had already done their part by giving the city a nice little landmark with the gold-clad Royal Bank Plaza. Let others try, they're going on the cheap from here on out.

What I saw coming in this morning...

photo (1).jpg

I must a kid b/c I'm excited to use this

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 804
Note the wide column in the photo above, it's wider so that the portion of the bridge under the gardener can be slid over to allow work to take place on the underside of the highway.

Back