1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 286     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 813     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Yeah, what the city needs more of is the type of positivity seen at Jurassic Park. What we need less of is the type of negativity seen in Armour's posts.

Yeah, what the city needs more of is the type of positivity seen at Jurassic Park. What we need less of is the type of negativity seen in Armour's posts.
Who says my post was negative? Not believing that their star players have what it takes to win it all, is an entirely subjective, fair opinion. It has nothing to do with me being negative, but simply not having confidence in the abilities of said players, based on observation of how they've played throughout their careers. I don't think they are strong enough players or leaders to capture a championship. Feel free to disagree.

DeRozan and Lowry played extremely well, but not well enough to be household names among non-Canadian NBA fans. DeRozan and Lowry will never be as famous as LBJ or the Splash Bros., but DeRozan and Lowry played their best and are phenomenal for what they are.

There is more to a team than individual star players. Synergy (or in basketball parlance, chemistry) between players is important as well. The Raptors just have great synergy to make up for their not-exactly-A++-grade roster.

Go DeRozan and Lowry!

Last edited:
DeRozan and Lowry played extremely well, but not well enough to be household names among non-Canadian NBA fans.

I don't know about that. They were on the cover of SLAM Magazine, and that's king of a big deal in the basketball world.

DeRozan and Lowry will never be as famous as LBJ or the Splash Bros., but DeRozan and Lowry played their best and are phenomenal for what they are.

There is more to a team than individual star players. Synergy (or in basketball parlance, chemistry) between players is important as well. The Raptors just have great synergy to make up for their not-exactly-S-grade roster.

Go DeRozan and Lowry!

I completely agree with all this though.

Let's keep in mind that Cleveland is playing on a $60 million luxury tax for being over salary cap. They were definitely built to go deep and we were missing a few key elements. I think a Raptors squad with Lowry and DeRozan could win it all, but not without a serious power forward and some better shooting depth.

The Raptors' new slogan:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-raptors-north-over-everything-1.4362398

toronto-raptors-north-over-everything.JPG

Back