Hamilton Radio Arts | 47.6m | 14s | Canlight | KNYMH

1000006922.jpg

Hoping this huge windowless wall doesn't look to bad, or hopefully that A&W gets demolished soon for another residential development 🤞
It appears that it will have "brick" On the east side, and some windows at least inset from the property line, likely designed for a building at the A&W to abut the building or nearly abut. See the incorrectly? labeled east elevation:
1000007808.png

Hoping this huge windowless wall doesn't look to bad, or hopefully that A&W gets demolished soon for another residential development 🤞

It would be nice to rebuild a sorta 5 story rowhouse vibe along here if the A & W was demolished, then stepped down to connect to the existing rowhouses, undo some of the damage done to the strip over the years.. could even put a drive through in on the 1st/2nd floors on each side you drove around and still have an A & W in there.

Can't but it right up though unless there is a service alley in the back for access. That and it looks like the cornice wraps around so nothing will probably ever directly abut up to it.

I'm happy they kept the trees in the front :)

let's get that render back on this page:

1000005593-jpg.553761

I like how it has that same kinda awning going on the augusta st building does. This building just feels like a perfect blend of old and new :) - I wish more designers would take cues from this. Traditional on the bottom with maybe some modern tossed in, and modern on top.

Let's compare it to what was actually there too:

uHAY5LH.jpg

Definitely a scale up, both height wise and aesthetic wise - I used to hate the dark and gloomy paneling of this place.

Last edited:
It would be nice to rebuild a sorta 5 story rowhouse vibe along here if the A & W was demolished, then stepped down to connect to the existing rowhouses, undo some of the damage done to the strip over the years.. could even put a drive through in on the 1st/2nd floors on each side you drove around and still have an A & W in there.

Can't but it right up though unless there is a service alley in the back for access. That and it looks like the cornice wraps around so nothing will probably ever directly abut up to it.

I'm happy they kept the trees in the front :)

let's get that render back on this page:

1000005593-jpg.553761

I like how it has that same kinda awning going on the augusta st building does. This building just feels like a perfect blend of old and new :) - I wish more designers would take cues from this. Traditional on the bottom with maybe some modern tossed in, and modern on top.

Let's compare it to what was actually there too:

uHAY5LH.jpg

Definitely a scale up, both height wise and aesthetic wise - I used to hate the dark and gloomy paneling of this place.
Not a chance the A&W is 5 storeys, if I had to guess something medium height will be proposed, likely 4 storey podium to match Radio Arts with 15 storeys on top.

There is an alley behind these properties:
1000007855.png

Back