Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

I wonder if having “STREETCAR ONLY” painted on the ground every 10+ meters will help? Too bad we can’t use “TRAM” instead of “STREETCAR”.

They could always put TTC only like in San Fran with Muni...

Up Hill
by kotsy, on Flickr

They could always put TTC only like in San Fran with Muni...

Up Hill
by kotsy, on Flickr

Yeah no one really pays attention to those here. We do have transit specific signage and in general the Cable Cars have unlimited right-of-way power (ie stopping in the middle of the intersection due to the California St hill being too steep). Here's how the Embarcadero tunnel is handled here. Perhaps it's because it's a centre right-of-way the whole time for streetcars but it's quite minimal and there's not a been a car in the tunnel scenario for the two years I've been here...

Waterfront Toronto has a new survey out asking people what their priorities are for the Waterfront and presumably the next round of investment.

I would encourage everyone to visit the link, take the survey (it's under 5m) and offer their input. As is often the case, they don't really solicit details, if you want to be more specific use the 'other ' option, where applicable.

https://waterfrontoronto.us1.list-m...fe945bfd319e7e85cd&id=3380faa4d9&e=b3e07d6c37

For my part, I prioritized continuous water's edge access, recreation trail, clean water, better transit ( east of Bay) , completed foot bridges.

I also noted the need for more winter beautification (use of evergreens etc.), and more quality dining/patios.

I also suggesting that access to water via moving water, fountains, waterplay and beach areas are all important, the need for oases from urbanity balanced with highly urban, walkable, patio-lined spaces.

Waterfront Toronto has a new survey out asking people what their priorities are for the Waterfront and presumably the next round of investment.

I would encourage everyone to visit the link, take the survey (it's under 5m) and offer their input. As is often the case, they don't really solicit details, if you want to be more specific use the 'other ' option, where applicable.

https://waterfrontoronto.us1.list-m...fe945bfd319e7e85cd&id=3380faa4d9&e=b3e07d6c37

For my part, I prioritized continuous water's edge access, recreation trail, clean water, better transit ( east of Bay) , completed foot bridges.

I also noted the need for more winter beautification (use of evergreens etc.), and more quality dining/patios.

I also suggesting that access to water via moving water, fountains, waterplay and beach areas are all important, the need for oases from urbanity balanced with highly urban, walkable, patio-lined spaces.

Done!

AoD

I also suggesting that access to water via moving water, fountains, waterplay and beach areas are all important
This becomes critically apparent when walking a dog, especially a muscular and athletic one but not optimized for Summer, along the waterfront. Between Cherry Street and Sunnyside, the couple of spots on ex Ontario Place besides (and they're slippy rocks) there's no place for a very hot dog to get soaked. In fact, Toronto altogether is devoid of 'dog fountains and/or pools', with rare exceptions. Trinity Bellwoods is one downtown....The Don River another....albeit highly questionable quality. Some of the tributaries further north are acceptable, but that's not the waterfront!

Even if you hate dogs, why hate people? The lack of access to *our water* on the downtown waterfront, and I mean not just looking at it, but using it and allowing dogs to dip in it, to continue a walk across the waterfront, is a glaring indication of 'completely missing the boat' on this.

Even if it's a ramp down to water level every kilometer or so, it would radically improve the lot of many.

Nice one!

I prioritised sand everyyyyywheeeeeereeeee. ;) Just playing, I'm partial to patios as well....especially if they're right next to a beach.

Not enough signage or lights on the gates tbh. How am I supposed to know not to drive up to them, tap my visa, and then just drive through them when they fail to open?

I noticed last night there are 4 flashing red lights flashing independent of each other at different speed. First time since early this year been down there after it got dark as well not around that much in the last few months to see it in daylight.

Back