Toronto Queens Quay & Water's Edge Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

And we had another collision at Queen's Quay and Simcoe today! Woohoo! TTCnotices timestamps were 5:07 PM for service holding, and 5:44 PM for all clear. Seemed much quicker than in the past.

As usual, driver made an illegal left, running a red light, and got t-boned by a streetcar proceeding legally.
IMO this is the worst one I've seen, including pictures I've seen posted online here or elsewhere, in terms of the severity of the damage to the car. Looked like a tremendously hard hit.

An illegal left from QQ to Lower Simcoe? That turned the car around? Or an attempted left from Lower Simcoe onto QQ?

An illegal left from QQ to Lower Simcoe? That turned the car around? Or an attempted left from Lower Simcoe onto QQ?

Illegal left from westbound QQ to southbound Lower Simcoe, causing a collision with a straight-westbound streetcar. Judging by the force of the impact as seen by the damage to the car's rear-left quarter, and by how far the streetcar went past the probable point of the collision/its implied speed based on that stopping distance, it seems thoroughly plausible that it turned the car around.

I'm surprised by the damage to the car - streetcars, atleast the ones I'm on are still noticeably slowing down at each intersection. Feel bad if this one driver said screw it to the philosophy.

I'm surprised by the damage to the car - streetcars, atleast the ones I'm on are still noticeably slowing down at each intersection. Feel bad if this one driver said screw it to the philosophy.
Given the mass of the streetcar, and the resulting momentum, I'd say that there's so little damage to the auto would suggest that the streetcar was slowing down for the intersection!

Why should the streetcar drivers have to slow down at intersections with a green light? Maybe instead you should say that automobile drivers should not recklessly run red lights?

They've started putting the fish back at York St. And the Beaver Tails trailer is becoming a permanent installation from the looks of it.

They've started putting the fish back at York St. And the Beaver Tails trailer is becoming a permanent installation from the looks of it.

Yep, Beavertails has taken over the former Second Cup space.

It's dangerous. I love their cinnamon sugar beaver tail.

IMG_8033.jpg
IMG_8038.jpg
IMG_8037.jpg

Witnessed a bit of road rage tonite when the second car in line at a left turn single from QQW to Robertson Crescent leaned out of her window telling the driver in front of her there is no left hand turn and to go. The guy in front of her was yelling back there is and its red. She kept going until the turn single finally changed.

It's funny...I was biking along the trail and politely cautioned another bicyclist that that very moment was not a good one to run the red light. She proceeded to tell me to f* off, entered the intersection and came so close to being hit by a car with a protected left turn that she ended up falling over anyway.

It's funny...I was biking along the trail and politely cautioned another bicyclist that that very moment was not a good one to run the red light. She proceeded to tell me to f* off, entered the intersection and came so close to being hit by a car with a protected left turn that she ended up falling over anyway.

Karma.

AoD

Back