Toronto QRC West (Queen Richmond Centre West) | 71.93m | 17s | Allied | Sweeny &Co

^^^ This is going to look amazing.

I do wonder though that when architectural critics look back at this era will we be unique as the era that buildings incorporated other buildings into themselves. Will it seem strange a few 100 years from now that new buildings grew out of old buidlings. Will it be seen as an architectural compromise? Just asking the question.

^^^ This is going to look amazing.

I do wonder though that when architectural critics look back at this era will we be unique as the era that buildings incorporated other buildings into themselves. Will it seem strange a few 100 years from now that new buildings grew out of old buidlings. Will it be seen as an architectural compromise? Just asking the question.

Buildings incorporating other buildings into themselves isn't something that's unique to this era. It's been happening since the beginning of architecture.

Queen Ricmond Centre West - Human Scale

"Human Scale" by Tarana Haque

Gallery33-QRCW.jpg

Attachments

• Gallery33-QRCW.jpg
    Gallery33-QRCW.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,907
Buildings incorporating other buildings into themselves isn't something that's unique to this era. It's been happening since the beginning of architecture.

True, and I think people in the future will enjoy seeing layers of history in the city's streetscapes by preserving even facades. However, fully preserved buildings mean richer historical character.

True, and I think people in the future will enjoy seeing layers of history in the city's streetscapes by preserving even facades. However, fully preserved buildings mean richer historical character.

It'll be impressive when we start preserving buildings that are built into buildings we are trying to preserve!

Back