Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Such a futuristic trio of towers. Im most excited about phase 2 and 3 as they are more modern and unique looking not to mention tall! I can only imagine seeing these things from the island they are going to look monstrous. Although IMO this is likely a 10-12 year project by the time all three are built.

Such a futuristic trio of towers. Im most excited about phase 2 and 3 as they are more modern and unique looking not to mention tall! I can only imagine seeing these things from the island they are going to look monstrous. Although IMO this is likely a 10-12 year project by the time all three are built.

Travis,we will not need to wait 10-12 years to see the 3 skyscrapers being built . The construction of the phase 1 will start the first quarter of this year. The sales of the condos in the phase 2 should start this fall and construction will immediately follow,because i think it will sell very fast. And phase 3 should not lag behind for so long too. So i think it can take 4 years to build the tallest tower. If construction start late in 2018 or early in 2019,the tallest tower could be completed by 2023. So i think in 5 years ,this trio can completed .
These 3 Jewels will soon rise and hopefully,the condos will be sold before the real estate crash occurs. If all condos are sold out, the construction will not be cancelled.

I took some screenshots from the One Yonge commercial i posted yesterday .
Enjoy them and enjoy your weekend everyone !

one yonge4.jpg

one yonge.jpg

one yonge1.jpg

one yonge3.jpg

Attachments

• one yonge4.jpg
    one yonge4.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,527
  • one yonge.jpg
    one yonge.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 2,809
  • one yonge1.jpg
    one yonge1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,155
  • one yonge3.jpg
    one yonge3.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 1,147
I've watched enough of these go up over the years to be realistic on timelines. No way these will be done in 5 years, not a hope in hell. The first tower will likely be built in 5 years, but the entire three tower project is likely a 10 year plan. You have to take into account construction delays, city bureaucracy, the time it takes to sell each unit, etc. Not to mention the final tower at 90 stories will take 4 years alone just to build! Trust me we will be lucky to have this complete by 2028.

If they're supposed to have this development done in 5 years. Are they going to shore, dig and build the whole basement area first or in three phases ?

The four Pinnacle Centre towers were built fairly quickly (7-8 years total?), so I could see them being aggressive especially in this market, but yeah, five years is very short.

From where I see this thread starting back in September 2011to it's questionable finishing target at 2028 to 2030 etc. This project is basically 20 years in the making ! Not to mention the LBCO next door and its time frame etc ! Holly smokes I'll be an old man before I can enjoy this area without construction !

Last edited:
It'll take more than 5 years from shoring to completion for the 90 storey tower. 8 years minimum would be safe for anywhere else. Good access to Lake Shore and highways should expedite things.

It'll take more than 5 years from shoring to completion for the 90 storey tower. 8 years minimum would be safe for anywhere else. Good access to Lake Shore and highways should expedite things.

I think 8 years is a bit long for any tower. It really shouldn't take more than 5 years to go from shoring to being topped out. Trust me people will be moving in before that point. They can do 1 floor per week, so in under 2 years this thing can go from basement to floor 90. Add in 1.5 years of underground work, another year for interior/finishes and you have 4.5 years.

It shouldn't but it does. The One on one of the busiest corners of the city and with very little staging. It won't be done in five years. How many months has it already being since the first soldier pile went in? One Bloor East was around 7 years. The developers are looking to cash out as soon as possible however, they aren't interested in breaking the budget to do it either.

If I'm remembering right, they are digging down 8 floors. Finishing over 1000 units and minimum half a million square feet in a year is very ambitious even for an office tower budget. It's conceivable early occupancy may begin before the tower is even topped out (Aura?) but, that's not what I meant by completion.

Travis,we will not need to wait 10-12 years to see the 3 skyscrapers being built . The construction of the phase 1 will start the first quarter of this year. The sales of the condos in the phase 2 should start this fall and construction will immediately follow,because i think it will sell very fast. And phase 3 should not lag behind for so long too. So i think it can take 4 years to build the tallest tower. If construction start late in 2018 or early in 2019,the tallest tower could be completed by 2023. So i think in 5 years ,this trio can completed .
These 3 Jewels will soon rise and hopefully,the condos will be sold before the real estate crash occurs. If all condos are sold out, the construction will not be cancelled.

I took some screenshots from the One Yonge commercial i posted yesterday .
Enjoy them and enjoy your weekend everyone !

View attachment 133993

There is no way 307m is that high compared to the CN Tower. The main pod is 350m high.

Back