Toronto Pinnacle One Yonge | 345.5m | 105s | Pinnacle | Hariri Pontarini

Ha! Yeah, I'm actually with the supertall fanboys on this one for once. I mean, why not just put a 14ft spire on top for the bragging rights?

It worked for One World Trade Center when they wanted the building to be 1776 feet without it really being 1776 feet :rolleyes:. Plus a nice spire would look rather nice. There aren't many skyscrapers in Toronto with them.

Fits in rather nicely with the skyline.

Agree and Toronto's finally starting to see some wonderful density beyond the CBD. Two thumbs up. Now if only city planners would focus more of their energy on closing the infrastructure deficit. Density isn't the problem, infrastructure is.

Wonder if caltrane could ask the person who made this to add the Gehry builds? That would really add balance to the skyline.

The image Caltrane posted was from the planning document that explored the extension of Harbour Street.

Anson Kwok of Pinnacle describes the towers of One Yonge as supertalls. Lets hope so.
In the mean time, these new renderings are incredible. The buildings look...majestic.
in the bottom image, One Yonge Tower 1 looks to be about 270-80 meters.
MATCH-624x1024.jpg

YONGESTREET_small-642x336.jpg

http://blog.newinhomes.com/news/anson-kwok-pinnacle-discusses-1-yonge-master-plan-1/

Attachments

• MATCH-624x1024.jpg
    MATCH-624x1024.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 761
  • YONGESTREET_small-642x336.jpg
    YONGESTREET_small-642x336.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 832
Last edited:
I think this is a little mote banal than what a project of this scale should be. I'd like to see them do something more iconic. Regardless this should still be a nice addition to the city.

Agreed. By sheer height and mass alone it should be fairly striking. But I wish they'd be willing to push the design envelope a little bit further.

beauty.
if I am not wrong Toronto does not have much towers with canopy. so it will b awesome to have one with canopy.

in the renders, always the focus is on the oval tower they should focus on other towers as well. still I am not sure how the bended towers will look because there are no renders and I am not sure how the other towers will look.

Absolutely right! While I don't think any of these buildings are bad, they certainly fit into the Jennifer Keesmaat vision of mediocrity.

With the exception of Parade, no Toronto condo has explored the idea of public or shared residential sky bridges and integrated vegetation. The towers are so close together, it would work great!
My dream for this site would look something like this:
http://www.unstudio.com/projects/central-business-district-cbd-2

2674333542.jpg

Attachments

• 2674333542.jpg
    2674333542.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 662
Hmm, they have...three of those structures are stunning:cool:

I'm with you. I'm a big fan of HP, and I think that the cluster of three with the gorgeous podium is a fantastic proposal. The sum is greater than the parts here; and the whole project is designed to show off the tallest tower.

Just look at the shot taken down Yonge Street (with the L Tower)...and ask yourself which building catch your eye?

Back