Toronto Pinnacle Centre Condos | 161.84m | 55s | Pinnacle | P + S / IBI

nice pics, CML, thank you and welcome to the forum!

4307639101_1c581642d6_b.jpg

glad to see this one back in action again. It will be really nice to see this block completed and have the hoarding removed. I dont know if we'll ever get as many full grown trees as they show in this render (or maybe cartoon is a better word) but this area can use as many as possible!

I can't believe there has been quite some backlash on this project from what I've read.... I think bang for your buck, this is much better than ICE condos..... this is literally across from acc and union.... the only thing ICE has is the underground, but based on the price differences I just couldn't justify buying ICE, but again ICE is priced for 2013 or something but thats a long time to hold people's money. Its too bad 18 Yonge couldn't get the parking lot beside to build a 2nd phase

If by "very Vancouver" you mean: Seven different architectural elements from seven different buildings, fused into one building. Then yes, it is very Vancouver.

Green glass, horizontal elements...

I'm wondering if any tenants or owners @ 16 Yonge (Pinnacle "A" tower) can post their thoughts/opinions on living there, vs. other highrise condos in the south downtown area.

(Not really looking for opinions about how the architecture is... I tend to agree that it looks more like a suburban mississauga-style condo than a typical downtown highrise.)

If this post isn't appropriate for the thread, let me know and I'll delete/start a new thread. Thanks!

I'm wondering if any tenants or owners @ 16 Yonge (Pinnacle "A" tower) can post their thoughts/opinions on living there, vs. other highrise condos in the south downtown area.

(Not really looking for opinions about how the architecture is... I tend to agree that it looks more like a suburban mississauga-style condo than a typical downtown highrise.)

If this post isn't appropriate for the thread, let me know and I'll delete/start a new thread. Thanks!

aside from the bay/college area, I would say the yonge/lakeshore is one of the better places to live, when you exit from the building onto Bay St. you just cross a light at bay/lakeshore and thats it your in ACC/Union, some people complain about the noise about the gardiner, but most of the high rises dont have direct access to the highway and subway..... so for lots of ppl this is th best of both worlds....

I live at 18 Harbour (Success Tower) and we quit like it. You should be aware that this building has two separate addresses. The first 33 floors of Success Tower are registered as
18 Harbour Street and floors 34 to 53 are registered as 16 Harbour Street. Same building 2 addresses. Each address has it's own concierge desk and entry, and each address has
it's own set of elevators. We are on the 25th floor on the North East Corner, we do hear train traffic and traffic from the Gardiner, but it is more like 'white noise' and not a nuisance.
We do have noise problems from ACC, during concerts we can hear the throbbing deep base sounds, and during hockey games we distinctly hear the 'horn' when the Leafs score. We have
noticed that the Hockey broadcasts are delayed by 3 seconds. First we hear the horn blast from ACC, and 3 seconds later, on TSN, we see them score the goal.

From today's Globe and Mail:

8926850.jpg

Ick.

On a positive note most of the floorplans are very good here and the price points are fairly reasonable by Toronto's bubble standards, good location too. If the suite came with that gentleman (minus his sister), I could live happily ever after here and would never complain about the the green horror again.

I'm with JayBee: although I've tried to appreciate the Pinnacle for how it built out the streetscape around Harbourfront, the little city looks bland and feels strangely suburban.

If by "very Vancouver" you mean: Seven different architectural elements from seven different buildings, fused into one building. Then yes, it is very Vancouver.

LOL

This one doesn't seem to fuse that many disparate elements together. It has different sections which fit together well. However, if a person associates green glass with Vancouver, then this one looks to be full of it. The proximity to the lake will also surely mean more clouds and fog, for that Vancouver grey sky feel :p .

Back