Jan 16, 2020

fullsizeoutput_3399.jpeg

DSC06481.JPG

DSC06482.JPG

DSC06484.JPG

fullsizeoutput_339a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_339c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_339b.jpeg

Initially I did not see what you were referring to (the Ignore function is useful), and not being at that familiar with Internet jargon, I did not understand your JFK reference without the quote from the previous poster. Viewing the posting (which obviously showed that the reference to Hooters, which was actually one block removed - corner of John Street as opposed to Peter Street) and looking up the JFK meaning (that one was a new one for me), I can understand, and agree with your comment

Last edited:
Initially I did not see what you were referring to (the Ignore function is useful), and not being at that familiar with Internet jargon, I did not understand your JFK reference without the quote from the previous poster. Viewing the posting (which obviously showed that the reference to Hooters, which was actually one block removed - corner of John Street as opposed to Peter Street) and looking up the JFK meaning (that one was a new one for me), I can understand, and agree with your comment

Have no idea what JFC means or that it references JFK (John F Kennedy?) Some other sleazy club then. If people could just say 'yes' or 'no, it was .....' it would make life a lot easier.

Last edited:
I’m sure this has been mentioned but what’s happening with the beautiful old house on the corner?
I don't think it's part of the project (thank goodness), but it would be great if it was restored- get rid of the paint and the front addition (maybe rework it in a more sympathetic manner).

pictures-r-6487.jpg

Gut feeling is that the current store (New York Furs) also owns the building itself, so if the store closes, I expect it'll be because the building got sold.

Back