Toronto Pears on the Avenue | ?m | 20s | Menkes | P + S / IBI

From some angles this project looks reasonably handsome. For P+S/IBI, it's not horrible. Interested to see how the townhouses shape up. I do like the placement of a glazed "jewelbox" at the corner of the podium. We'll have to see how it all comes together. It's about the execution of the details.

Check out the intersecting I-beams:

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,321
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,289
July 28th 2014, the apartments next to it and in front of it seem to be home to mostly low income residents, a shame when you consider how much the townhouses are selling in this condo.
iepnd4.jpg

2z6tiqe.jpg

2hphxz4.jpg

2upa6uw.jpg

t81dmt.jpg

2m82zr4.jpg

July 28th 2014, the apartments next to it and in front of it seem to be home to mostly low income residents, a shame when you consider how much the townhouses are selling in this condo.

Oh no! Rich people might have to acknowledge that poor people exist! What horror!

You have superb views from your place Benito!

Approaching from the east, via Ramsden Park, say, it's not bad. Banal and dull, but the intersecting I-beams provide a little bit of visual interest. From the south, though, heading up Avenue, it's a graceless lump. Unfortunately I suspect it will be seen most often from that angle.

Approaching from the east, via Ramsden Park, say, it's not bad. Banal and dull, but the intersecting I-beams provide a little bit of visual interest. From the south, though, heading up Avenue, it's a graceless lump. Unfortunately I suspect it will be seen most often from that angle.

80-90% of purchasers of any condo in Toronto are investors including high end condo's like Four Seasons, Shangri-la, Trump etc and they buy into these buildings for ROI nothing else. Developers know this and they keep churning out the same crappy glass construction as its fast and cheap. In some condo's the number of end users is only a handful.

Back