Toronto Pearl Place | 121m | 34s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

This will bring an insane amount of density to this one block. If only these buildings were nicer to look at instead of ugly slabs. Somehow is seems like the west side of Yonge has slightly nicer looking buildings then the east side in this small area. Ultima buildings look a lot better than this.

I frequent this area a lot and on this block to go eat at Shawarma Max and the buildings built behind aren't the BEST looking ones (for the inside I don't know) but I would like to see more newer retail on the main floor there (as planned).

The ones that are going to stand out most IMHO are: Bazis' Emerald Towers, Tridels' Hullmark Centre and Menkes' Gibson Square.

Yesterday I went into the restaurant to see if they had any sort of time frame for closing. The knew nothing about the condo developement at all, but thought it likely that in a few years the area would be developed.

One would have thought that the businesses involved would be "in the loop."

Yesterday I went into the restaurant to see if they had any sort of time frame for closing. The knew nothing about the condo developement at all, but thought it likely that in a few years the area would be developed.

One would have thought that the businesses involved would be "in the loop."

Well the owner might know but the developper wouldn't tell them until they legally have to. Give them a notice of eviction with proper time delegations (according to the Tenants Protective Act)

How was your Shawarma? :D

Something is getting taller..

4917-4975 YONGE ST
OPA / Rezoning 11 330487 NNY 23 OZ Ward 23
- North York Dec 23, 2011 --- --- --- ---
To revise the existing site specific by-laws to include an increase in building height, clarifying the list of permitted uses and refining the applicable commercial and institutional parking standards

Is 19 Hollywood Av the same as Pearl 2? It does look like Yonge and Hollywood here. Architect is Zeidler Partnership.

19hollywoodzeidlerpartn.jpg

19hollywoodzeidlerpartn.jpg

Same architect that worked on this project is the Eau du Soleil designer and is the source for these renders.

Last edited:
Oh dear god, what a slab! This looks awful compared to the new wave of NYCC proposals designed by Wallman. Conservatory Group + Ziedler = brutal partnership.

Last edited:
and a little too optimistic in getting Gucci and Prada as tenants...

lol ... tell me about it ... regarding the tenants.

Hey I really like the base though !

A shopping boulevard on NYCC's Yonge Street, wonderful, if only it will happen. Certainly be a nice change to heading to Yorkdale or Fairview.

I actually like that long / extended base in the first close up pic... it seems to promise a certain liveliness at ground level. The slab tower however is utterly hideous, when I stare at it for more than 5 second I want to vomit. There is no variation in the facade, though the guy who did the render used some random shading to try and obscure that fact. That facade is screaming out for some kind of vertical element to give it some dynamic. How does that count as architecture I am forced to ask once again?

as for the name - shouldnt they have built Knit 1 first? even my gramma could see that.

This was approved on March 20, 2012 by North York Community Council http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2012.NY14.25

Back