Toronto Parliament Street Data Centre | ?m | 5s | BRL Realty | WZMH

I can't just hit the 'like' button with this one. This is AWESOME, sMT!

If it wasn't for the security camera(?) and shadow then one would be hard-pressed to ever figure out that this is the side of a building. I can see the data centre being in world architecture magazines, especially with shots like this!

You see a lot of exotic cladding choices in European architecture, but we rarely see anything more adventurous than zinc panels here in Toronto. Glass and brick is the norm. Unique and high-quality cladding can improve a building's architecture substantially.

Here's hoping that as the area continues to be redeveloped, that the power lines come down. This building is so beautiful that it deserves to be photographed without the crap in front of it.

DSC05661.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05661.jpg
    DSC05661.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 2,106
Here's hoping that as the area continues to be redeveloped, that the power lines come down. This building is so beautiful that it deserves to be photographed without the crap in front of it.

View attachment 54156

C'mon, just stop. It's a lovely building, but we don't need to spend a billion dollars so that photographers can take pictures of nice buildings.

I did a great walk from C'est What? to where I was staying on Tiverton and this was a highlight. The green canopy this year is amazingly lush for August, and St. Lawrence, Distillery, West Don Lands (fences still up so some detours), Queen St. Bridge, Joel Weeks park, new townhouses on Boulton... Regent Park's two new towers with the striking white cladding... Toronto was looking great and really is booming. The east side is really coming together -- the influence of WT and whoever's doing the planning for Regent Park is really evident in comparison to the craziness that happened in Liberty Village (e.g.).

Reactions: DSC
I usually hate promoted tweets on Twitter, but this one I just came across is actually kind of cool.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,608
November 29, 2015:
South elevation fronting Mill Street

View from above:
I wonder if the white roof material is in lieu of a green roof, being reflective and mitigating urban heat island effect.

Last edited:
View from above:
I wonder if the white roof material is in lieu of a green roof, being reflective and mitigating urban heat island effect.
Yes, exactly. It's known as a cool roof. From the City of Toronto's Eco-Roof Incentive Program webpage:
A cool roof is a roofing system with an exterior surface with high “solar reflectivity” and “thermal emissivity” that reflects the sun’s rays and reduces heat build-up from the sun’s thermal energy. A cool roof can be either a coating applied over an existing roof system or a new single-ply waterproofing membrane.

My apologies if this was addressed on an earlier page of this thread, but is there any estimate on when that parking lot between the Data Centre and Mill St will be replaced with a park? Or is that just a pipe dream at this point? So many parking lots in this area seem to be hanging around for years longer than I would have hoped given how much development there's been.

Back