Mississauga Park 570 Condos | ?m | 4s | VANDYK | Romanov Romanov

I built houses for seven years and now I work for Lanterra developments high rise sector.looking at what has been put up so far one major red flag has come up for me .in my past and current experience all wall devieding suites/town homes have alway been separated by either block or concrete , for sound and fire codes . Find it real strange I don't see any since sound test are done by construction control before the inspector can pass the building.the fire code issue is self explanatory ,with no concrete or block separation a fire would not be contained to one unit and possibly gut the building.also there would not be much stopping your neibour from drilling a hole into your unit , by accident or purposely .and assuming all floors are stick built anyone with a suite above them would have to deal with noise from above and just the same noise in a house.with all this in mind I'm very happy I bought suite 401 with no one on either side or above me.

this concerns me as well, as i figured there would atleast be concrete separating the units in case of a fire.

from the looks of it, the retirement home next door will be of better quality construction then our condo

It seems as though it's being built to minimum code requirements,the only thing I can see being done is the separating walls getting sprayed fire rated foam, which also acts as a sound proofing. Most likely they'll go the cost effective route and use two layers of 5/8 th's drywall.

There will be fire walls (block) between units 103/104, 119/120, 123/124 and 142/143 up the entire building. Also around the elevator shafts and stairs. Most residential buildings 4 stories and under (soon to be 6) are wood constructed. It's approximately 10% cheaper than concrete.

Sound/fireproofing will probably be Roxul Safe & Sound plus two sheets of 5/8th drywall. Cheapest option. Sound will likely not be a bigger issue than concrete. Concrete tends to reverberate/echo more than wood, which has a dampening effect. As long as the proper materials/construction is used, it should be fine. The laminate flooring may make things worse, but I'm on the top floor so I don't care :p

Retirement home is three stories, so is likely wood constructed too. Build by Tridel though, so probably better constructed.

You get what you pay for.

Those firewalls going up the building don't seem to protect the units on the other side of them, if that's where a fire occurred. I don't know, this seems a little sketchy to me. Hopefully the sprinklers will put anything out...

Thanks for the info!

Not much visible progress in the last week. Lots of brickwork being done in the tents. Also started framing the main entrance (steel) and doing the 2nd storey subfloor on the south side.

Last edited:
Click for HQ:

feb420122.jpg

A new thread has been created for Park 570 in UrbanToronto's Real Estate Forum, and the posts that you have made discussing features of and issues with your units have been moved to it.

Did a quick drive-by today - will take better photos later in the week when the weather is better:

feb212012.jpg

They've started framing the third floor in the south section, the second floor stairwell in the north section and the first floor framing in the middle section.

Back