Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Parade looks very impressive from Kensington Market now of all places. It has definitely changed the feel at night - now you can see 'the city' to the south also.

Only theres no world war so your good there. I do see what your saying, But...to those tenants who have chosen to be at eye level witn the bridges lighting system i ask why choose that unit then? Personally I wouldnt mind the lighting, As theres not much to view at night. other then more lights if looking northward. Not much to see out on the lake at night so nothing is gonna be missed there. Maybe moonlight reflections. But im pretty sure that youd still see that to. Im betting also that the Bridge liting isnt all that bright up close. Just probably appears brighter from ground levels against black sky.. The day views are much nicer IMO anyways.

Truthfully I haven't seen it in person at night, so I was going by the photos which may be overexposed vs reality. Tenants may have purchased pre-construction and not realized, but perhaps it's not so bad from a side angle.

18 December 2012:
20121218170240.jpg
Maybe I missed this awhile back in the thread, but what happened to the glass bottom on the bridge? This was a main feature in thier advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are three or four glass floor portholes in the bottom of bridge that you just can't see in that image.

There are three or four glass floor portholes in the bottom of bridge that you just can't see in that image.

Thanks interchange. I see the 4 small portals now. The video on Concord's site makes it look like there is a continuos band of glass running the length of the bridge approximately 4 feet wide (ala CN tower skypod). The original TV ad (which cannot be found) made it look like the floor was all glass with Shanghai as the skyline (lol) How incredibly underwhelming the final product turned out to be....

Typically when those ads are created, which is pretty early in the process, the finer points of the architecture and engineering have not all been worked out. Engineering is generally only done once sales are proving robust enough that the developer knows that the project will go ahead. So early on the artists are told "show a glass floor" and they make things look as appealing as they can.

That said, I wish there was more that the consumer could do to get out of their purchase contracts if the amenities do not live up to the promise in the ads, meaning we should expand the definition of material change to the units to include the same in the amenities, as well as the building's overall architectural finishes. That way we might get ads that set more realistic expectations in the sales phase.

The view north and view inside the bridge.
456.jpg

IMAG0887.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0887.jpg
    IMAG0887.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 685
  • 456.jpg
    456.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 657
I'm not a fan at all of lighting being used as public art contributions but I must say Concord really does a nice job with lighting up their newer buildings.

…meanwhile CityPlace is home to the largest Public Art collection in Toronto. Check out http://concordartspace.com/ if you haven't seen it yet!

…meanwhile CityPlace is home to the largest Public Art collection in Toronto. Check out http://concordartspace.com/ if you haven't seen it yet!

Great link!
To be clear, I'm not against buildings being lit up, in fact I love the lighting on many (most?) buildings, but I'm not a fan of them being done as public art contributions. The Met flipped the switch on theirs several months ago so I have to wonder what obligation a condo board has in maintaining these lighting designs once the building is turned over.

Parade looks stunning at night now. I'm very impressed with all the blue lighting...and I don't find it over-the-top at all, although it's a bit distracting while driving along the Gardiner lol.

Well done!

Back