Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

I hope King west picks up more retail.

But the area just west of the Metro in LV, actually has a lot of retail !
In the old converted warehouse space. Again I'm not sure how well the retail is doing, last time I checked it out (maybe 2 years ago) there were a few interesting shops but a lot available too.

I hope King west picks up more retail.

But the area just west of the Metro in LV, actually has a lot of retail !
In the old converted warehouse space. Again I'm not sure how well the retail is doing, last time I checked it out (maybe 2 years ago) there were a few interesting shops but a lot available too.

I'm still hoping that the west side of Liberty Village will develop into a great urban neighbourhood, with it's own unique charm. The east side is a total write off. Maybe with higher density, the area will become lively and feel like a real urban village. I don't have that hope for Cityplace. The layout/design of the buildings is just too generic for anything interesting to develop.

I'm still hoping that the west side of Liberty Village will develop into a great urban neighbourhood, with it's own unique charm. The east side is a total write off. Maybe with higher density, the area will become lively and feel like a real urban village. I don't have that hope for Cityplace. The layout/design of the buildings is just too generic for anything interesting to develop.

Right, but there's a lot of talk that the new buildings to the west of the park will bring a lot of retail to the area.

Also, the building just to the east of the park (currently a hole) also has retail planed.

If those pan out, along with more at the final tower on the sales center, I still have hope for the area.

Right, but there's a lot of talk that the new buildings to the west of the park will bring a lot of retail to the area.

Also, the building just to the east of the park (currently a hole) also has retail planed.

If those pan out, along with more at the final tower on the sales center, I still have hope for the area.

The final tower at the sales centre will also most likely have 10 stories of commercial added to it. Concord has approached the city with the plan. It will bring a good mix of uses to the neighbourhood if approved, along with the 'retail core' that will be going up at Fort York/Bathurst street.

The final tower at the sales centre will also most likely have 10 stories of commercial added to it. Concord has approached the city with the plan. It will bring a good mix of uses to the neighbourhood if approved, along with the 'retail core' that will be going up at Fort York/Bathurst street.

I assume when you say 10 storeys of commercial, you mean retail/office mix

Some prepping for the sky-bridge.

Pics taken Jan 16, 2012

7sHdV.jpg

Uq1my.jpg

Am I right in thinking this will be the only habitable (i.e. units that people live in rather than just for walking across) SkyBridge in Canada?

Also will the SkyBridge eventually be renamed the Rogers Center?

Am I right in thinking this will be the only habitable (i.e. units that people live in rather than just for walking across) SkyBridge in Canada?

There are a couple of bridges/arches with units in them at Grand Harbour in Etobicoke.

So it looks like the bridge is going to be built outwards from each building and meet in the middle. for some reason i was under the impression it was going to be constructed on the ground and lifted into place but after thinking that over i realize it doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Actually Citizen, Robin and I will be going up there to start the process. I'll secure a batrope to a beam in Parade I and then throw the batarang over to the Boy Wonder on Parade 2. He will then secure the attached batrope to his tower, attach another batrope, and throw it back. Once there are four ropes stretched between the towers, Concord will take over are start lifting pieces into place. We are just waiting for the batsignal… and then it's a go.

Back