Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

Ask the city. The ball's been thrown in their court. So it probably won't be built for the next 5+ years. CP gave city the money to build it.

Thats to bad, this one is badly needed once the park is operating and the two phases of Parade are finished, i also noticed today while driving by that they are clearing all the tracks on the southwest corner of Spadina and Front, whats up with that.

Thats to bad, this one is badly needed once the park is operating and the two phases of Parade are finished, i also noticed today while driving by that they are clearing all the tracks on the southwest corner of Spadina and Front, whats up with that.

Are they done with the north west side? I think they're adding de-icers to the tracks so it doesn't freeze in the winter.

Regarding the park. I've heard that Concord was suppose to hand over the park to the city on Sept 9 and they did all the ads and stuff. But the city doesn't want to take over the park yet. They'll have to spend money to maintain it. So, no idea when the park will open. Whenever the city is willing to manage the park, it will open.

I drove by CityPlace on the Gardiner tonight, and I gotta say, the development is growing on me. There's a tight and strong streetwall being built along Bremner, and the horizontal white stripes on Luna's podium and red faux-brick on Neo really break up all the glass. I suspect that a streetcar on the divide will make the neighbourhood look altogether urban.

I think it's worth reserving final judgement until this project is complete.

i also noticed today while driving by that they are clearing all the tracks on the southwest corner of Spadina and Front, whats up with that.

GO are fixing up their Bathurst Yard so it can hold the longer trains (they are stored there, and at the equivalent Don Yard to the east, during the day) and they are building an extra main line in that stretch of track. See the GO site for more details. http://www.gotransit.com/PUBLIC/en/news/goexpansion.htm#GOTRIP

For this first phase, what is the projected completion/move-in dates, approximately? I know they will change but am rather interested.

GO are fixing up their Bathurst Yard so it can hold the longer trains (they are stored there, and at the equivalent Don Yard to the east, during the day) and they are building an extra main line in that stretch of track. See the GO site for more details. http://www.gotransit.com/PUBLIC/en/news/goexpansion.htm#GOTRIP

Thanks for that, I've been wondering what was going on over there, with all of the shoring rigs and pile drivers being there.

It seems like there's quite a bit of room there in the railway allowance through there, and I was actually thinking today that it looks like there'd be more than enough room for GO to build their new headquarters right there at the SW corner of Spadina/Front, above the railway tracks. I'm sure they could engineer something that would let the trains run underneath the building so that they wouldn't lose any train space, and it would make the railway lands seem like so much less of a gaping hole in the city in that area.

My unit, in the podium, is quoted at Feb 28, 2010. Fat chance that will happen. No notice yet of a change though.

They'll probably send it out as the date draws closer. They're gonna be topping up the 18s soon. Currently working on that floor. Building V is up to 18-19 floors. Another 17-18 to go plus the mechanical roof. Windows are cladded up to 5th floor. If they can complete 1 floor per week. They should be done in around 20 weeks or so. But there's the inside they need time to work on.

img7411.jpg

Glass is up to 6th floor.
Podium building is up to level 19th floor, electrical?
Tower building is up to level 19 floor. Seems like they're adding 20th floor.

This has the feel of the parkside renderings in MCC

Back