Toronto Origami Lofts Condos | 22.55m | 7s | Symmetry | Teeple Architects

I like it, in all its machismo, and I think the play of the pure glass box and the 'wild' wrapper (more armor than dress) reads very clearly. Teeple brings a 'badass' quality to Toronto architecture that I appreciate. Don't soften it - we have plenty of firms who are great at doing more gentle work.

Any info on the location of this one?

I'm curious about that too.
There's a nice sized parking lot at Church & Wood Sts., I'm willing to bet the nabe would welcome these stunners with open arms. You could even add a few floors and really make an impression!

I'm curious about that too.
There's a nice sized parking lot at Church & Wood Sts., I'm willing to bet the nabe would welcome these stunners with open arms. You could even add a few floors and really make an impression!

Location is Queen West. Exact address to be revealed within a few days along with the context render.
The Church and Wood lot demands far more density than this little guy :)

symmetrydev:

Any ideas as to what's the materiality going to be yet? Charcoal Rheinzink would be really quite sexy...the rendering is suggestive of black zinc panels.

AoD

I like it, in all its machismo, and I think the play of the pure glass box and the 'wild' wrapper (more armor than dress) reads very clearly. Teeple brings a 'badass' quality to Toronto architecture that I appreciate. Don't soften it - we have plenty of firms who are great at doing more gentle work.

Love that you see the cladding as armor. I see it as a feral tuxedo or a wild dress on a crisp jewel. You know architecture is effective when
it evokes different emotions.

Dear Symmetry,

May we have more details on the location and design of your beautiful upcoming project now?

Plz and thank you :)

Back