Toronto Origami Lofts Condos | 22.55m | 7s | Symmetry | Teeple Architects

First look at one of the typical units at Origami, featuring the Origami inspired kitchen and island.

Origami%20Interiors%20Typical.jpg

Wow, that's great. You plucked a concept forth ... and he just did it!

But why a building wearing a wild dress? Why not a building like a glazed honey ham studded with cloves? Or a building like a Dalek? Or a building like a waffle iron with a lemon juicer on top? Betcha he'd do one of them if directed.

As requested, waffle iron with juicer (juicer since removed). Your other ideas are quite original though, keep working at this!

yonge-and-adelaide-1931.jpg

Thought I'd post some images of the interior finishes on offer (actual photos, not renders) as they were largely inspired by the Teeple exterior design.

DSC_4043.jpg

DSC_4041.jpg

DSC_4044.jpg

DSC_4047.jpg

DSC_4055.jpg

DSC_4062.jpg

DSC_4065.jpg

That is the most unique (and good looking) condo kitchens I have ever seen.

edit: wow double post. but 3 hours apart! must be a new record.

Last edited:
Teeple is the only local architect whose designs consistently make me drool. This city desperately needs more built manifestations of his singular brilliance.

Steve's a genius. I've yet ot be disappointed by a Teeple design. Credit for interiors, however, goes to DK Studio. They've done an excellent job of extrapolating the language of the exterior - the interior finishes have a sculptural quality that makes them feel like an extension of the exterior.

Steve's a genius. I've yet ot be disappointed by a Teeple design. Credit for interiors, however, goes to DK Studio. They've done an excellent job of extrapolating the language of the exterior - the interior finishes have a sculptural quality that makes them feel like an extension of the exterior.

Different doesn't always translate to better. I personally think the kitchens look cheap and I can definitely see them losing their "trendy" feel quick.

i like the island but not the pantry door ... although it is 'sculptural', i find it a waste of space with all those protrusions, etc.
better off with a full counter depth pantry/storage and give the door a 'sculptural' look with paint and a play on shadows

I always find these projects good for the city. It'll please some and offend some, and more importantly, get people talking about architecture in their community. And it's a small enough project that if it ends up a monstrosity it won't do the city serious harm. It's a winner in my book.

Back