Toronto Ontario Square and Canada Square | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Forget these dinky quaint fountains, what we should have is something like Jet d'Eau in Geneva at the foot of Yonge - or better yet at the foot of each of the major NS street/slip along the lake.

AoD
Mississauga has one similar, just not quite as tall, located in Port Credit by the Gazebo.

206601152_40f0c3f649_o.jpg

I find those very cheesy, and they are not just in Mississauga, rather most small towns in Ontario that front some form of water !

I visited the parks last week and I think it's very nice. I'm not going to say it's mind blowing but a very nice addition. The cafe is also a nice touch.

Fountains consisting of pipes that shoot water, are not what we need. A great water fountain needs to be a work of art and contain some impressive, sculptural elements, to go along with the good lighting and lots of water flowing.

Speaking of fountains, the Salmon Run fountain is now not running. (again) The fact that there is something like 20 tiles missing or falling off, might have something to do with it but that's just a guess. Obviously, the fountain was not properly repaired before they turned on the water.

Why is the water channel in Sherbourne Common not turned on? Sheesh, we have so few nice fountains/water features in this city and the ones we do have, are not in use. We need to get our s**t together.

Last edited:
Fountains consisting of pipes that shoot water, are not what we need. A great water fountain needs to be a work of art and contain some impressive, sculptural elements, to go along with the good lighting and lots of water flowing.

Speaking of fountains, the Salmon Run fountain is now not running. (again) The fact that there is something like 20 tiles missing or falling off, might have something to do with it but that's just a guess. Obviously, the fountain was not properly repaired before they turned on the water.

Why is the water channel in Sherbourne Common not turned on? Sheesh, we have so few nice fountains/water features in this city and the ones we do have, are not in use. We need to get our s**t together.

No they were doing construction in the Sherbourne park north, not sure what, but its definitely related to the fountain being off. Meanwhile the maple leaf shaped fountain (which is great btw) was on.

No, I'm not a fan of fountains on the water, I almost think they are pointless, the joy of a fountain to me is the ability to site right in front of it / even interact with them. The sound as well, yes I'm sure the one on the water makes a sound but its a little bit further out ... and already surrounded by water anyway.

No, I'm not a fan of fountains on the water, I almost think they are pointless, the joy of a fountain to me is the ability to site right in front of it / even interact with them. The sound as well, yes I'm sure the one on the water makes a sound but its a little bit further out ... and already surrounded by water anyway.
yes, but it's better than no fountain at all

What about something similar to the Charlie Brooks Memorial Peace Fountain in Windsor?

That's a great fountain. Windsor has an exceptional waterfront. It's 5 kilometres of continuous, landscaped parkland with an impressive variety of public art from around the world, various pavilions, playgrounds for kids, a bistro, stages, monuments and fountains. Beyond that, there are a few breaks, but Windsor also has other good waterfront parks like the one that has that fountain. The views of the Detroit skyline are fantastic. It may be Ontario's best urban waterfront.

The two times I went it was fairly well used ... once there was some programming the other time no.

I'd expect the serious construction on Queen's Quay to keep some people away, though it's surprising to see it *completely* deserted.

Back