Toronto Ontario Line: Riverside-Leslieville Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

Is this stations construction appearing to progress quicker since it’s somewhat technically an infill station?
I think they just need to get the GO tracks reoriented to the east as quickly as possible to even begin the OL….probably another year or 2 before the GO tracks are fully relocated on the new eastern side of the bridges that run thru the area… Dundas and Logan are only partly done and Gerard bridge hasn’t even starred so it’s gonna be a while…. Probably closer to 2 maybe 3 years before the GO tracks are fully operational m… but agree - the eastern side of Queen street was nearly done in just one year which was a pleasant surprise

I think they just need to get the GO tracks reoriented to the east as quickly as possible to even begin the OL….probably another year or 2 before the GO tracks are fully relocated on the new eastern side of the bridges that run thru the area… Dundas and Logan are only partly done and Gerard bridge hasn’t even starred so it’s gonna be a while…. Probably closer to 2 maybe 3 years before the GO tracks are fully operational m… but agree - the eastern side of Queen street was nearly done in just one year which was a pleasant surprise
Poor assessment I’d say. You don’t need to speculate so drastically when there are regular updates from the CLC.

They don’t need to cut in / shift the entire 2km of rail, it will be done piecewise. Between Eastern and Jimmie Simpson, tracks will begin to shift before year end.

And IF it took two years to finish the prep work, what’s the worry? That leaves 5 years (2026-2031) to complete 2km of at grade rail and a few above ground station facilities.

IMG_2514.jpeg
Today, going from east to west. Looks like the fourth new span will go in later, once they’ve demolished the existing one.
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2511.jpeg

Poor assessment I’d say. You don’t need to speculate so drastically when there are regular updates from the CLC.

They don’t need to cut in / shift the entire 2km of rail, it will be done piecewise. Between Eastern and Jimmie Simpson, tracks will begin to shift before year end.

And IF it took two years to finish the prep work, what’s the worry? That leaves 5 years (2026-2031) to complete 2km of at grade rail and a few above ground station facilities.
LOL Never said I was worried - are you? Its a hypothesis derived from the reality that Mx and their contractor have a 100% history of not delivering ANY project on time (or on budget) that I’m factoring into my hypothesis and that’s all it is. Timelines have been pushed out several times and will likely continue too - but Hopefully I’m wrong. As I stated I’ve been impressed on the progress of the eastern bridge but there’s an entire other side that needs to be done and it will have far more complexity in the area including the build out for the Riverside station. Again - Will the project be on time? Doubt it, but we can all dare to dream

So this might be a question for the general OL thread, but now im confused. the restoration of the 3rd track wont be done until after the 2nd half of the bridge is replaced right?
That new bridge looks massive, looks more than enough to carry 3 tracks

Timelines have been pushed out several times and will likely continue too - but Hopefully I’m wrong.
Yes, you are wrong about that. The Lakeshore East joint corridor construction began just over a year ago and is closely following the associated schedule. Track shifting was scheduled for Fall 2024 – Spring 2025, now it is more precisely scheduled for November.
As I stated I’ve been impressed on the progress of the eastern bridge but there’s an entire other side that needs to be done and it will have far more complexity in the area including the build out for the Riverside station
This is why a detailed plan has been established and made transparent. We can see that bridge and corridor construction will continue until 2027 then station construction can proceed, up to 4 years through 2031. Nothing unreasonable about the scheduling.

So this might be a question for the general OL thread, but now im confused. the restoration of the 3rd track wont be done until after the 2nd half of the bridge is replaced right?
That new bridge looks massive, looks more than enough to carry 3 tracks
Perhaps they could get another track in, though they probably need some buffer space around the corridor’s centre while demo and construction gets underway on the east side.

This is why a detailed plan has been established and made transparent. We can see that bridge and corridor construction will continue until 2027 then station construction can proceed, up to 4 years through 2031. Nothing unreasonable about the scheduling.
...well it is unreasonable to some of us that will be terribly old when this is all completed. Hope they don't have a falling out with their contractors in the mean time! >.<

...well it is unreasonable to some of us that will be terribly old when this is all completed. Hope they don't have a falling out with their contractors in the mean time! >.<
Yup. North American standards are so low that some people would actually defend a 7-10 year timeline for 16km of “subway” when other countries can build an entire network of subways and entire cities in less time, but I digress because at least something is now being done. Although it is reasonable to have low expectations that anything will actually be operational in less than 10 years given the track record (or lack of track record) from Phil Versters time as commander in chief at Metrolinx and who is accountable to no one.

Back