Ontario Line | ?m | ?s

MrGoose

Member Bio
Reaction score
Simply put because cycling doesn't work for everyone all the time.

I love cycling, but it works best when you're by yourself and don't have much to carry.

Have a young family? Probably aren't all going out on bicycles. Especially if they're so young they can't even ride bikes.
Cargo bikes can carry kids, kids can sit on the back of normal upright bikes too
1651080716149.png

1651080738209.png

Have elderly parents or dependents with health or physical limitations, probably aren't shuttling them around on bikes.
Incredibly specific, seniors can ride bikes too. Better than letting them drive cars.
Have groceries or large items? Not possible to carry on bikes and not everyone wants to shop online and have everything delivered.
1651080844215.png

Miserable weather out, rain or snowing like it is half the year here in Toronto, no fun to be riding.

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
.... what is needed is for mods to step in and move all the Ontario Line West posts to the appropriate thread so that this thread can be kept strictly to what is actually in progress.
We're on post #20,000 and some odd. And seven years of construction. We should hit 60,000 in this discussion by the opening....

blaixx

Member Bio
Reaction score
Partially on topic, but should this thread title be updated to "Under Construction" from "In Design"?

We've officially broken ground and started construction on this project.
I know we had a ceremony but has construction actually started? None of the major contracts have even been awarded.

generalcanada

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know we had a ceremony but has construction actually started? None of the major contracts have even been awarded.
exhibition station and i think the joint corridor have construction started

theres a few images in the last month or so of construction and exhibition

EastYorkTTCFan

Member Bio
Reaction score

kotsy

Member Bio
Reaction score
exhibition station and i think the joint corridor have construction started

theres a few images in the last month or so of construction and exhibition

There's been demolition at Exhibition & Cork Town as part of the 'early works'. I would consider that 'under construction'.