Toronto Ontario Line: Gerrard Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

The NIMBYs want you to think that but all Metrolinx is doing is cutting down a couple of trees along the rail corridor. They will actually be adding a small amount of park area to Jimmy Simpson:

OL-Lakeshore-East-Park-Restoration-Leslieville-1-DFT-V14-2021-06-24.jpg

''

Even Gerrard Carlway will only see a rleatively small area taken, with the net park size being larger than prior to the line opening:

OL-Lakeshore-East-Park-Restoration-Gerrard-DFT-V14-2021-06-24.jpg

To be fair, it's a lot more than a couple of trees.

Virtually every tree you see lining the corridor in this image will be gone:

1648489400987.png

That's well over a hundred. The same is true on the other side of the corridor.

That's not opposition on my part to the project or a suggestion that the trade isn't a reasonable one; but let's not understate that it is a material alteration of the current landscape.

To be fair, it's a lot more than a couple of trees.

Virtually every tree you see lining the corridor in this image will be gone:

View attachment 388393

That's well over a hundred. The same is true on the other side of the corridor.

That's not opposition on my part to the project or a suggestion that the trade isn't a reasonable one; but let's not understate that it is a material alteration of the current landscape.
Indeed - but the park will remain open and fully functional.

Link to register for the TOC / TOD at Gerrard Station for whoevers interested in attending on Nov 29 @ 630 pm

Virtual Open House Registration​

Topic
Gerrard-Carlaw North Virtual Open House
Description
The Province of Ontario and Choice Properties invite you to participate in the first community engagement session about the future Gerrard-Carlaw North as a proposed mixed-used transit-oriented community anchored by the future Gerrard Station along the Ontario Line.

Visit engageGCN.ca to:
- Learn about the project and community benefits.
- Participate in a conversation and have any questions you may have answered.
Time
Nov 29, 2022 06:30 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)

A slew of new TOC's were announced today; I already flagged it to @Paclo ; but I think he's at the spa getting his mani/pedi just at the moment. LOL

Lawrence East on the SSE
Thorncliffe
Cosburn
Pape/Danforth
Gerrard/Carlaw South
Eastern
Wow gerrard/carlaw north and south TOC would combine for almost 3000 new units, what a huge influx for the neighbourhood. And there’s still plenty more land that falls inside the PMTSA, this will be such a cool new community!
IMG_8856.jpeg

(marked in white is the Gerrard/Carlaw North TOC)

The left hand sure knows what the right hand is doing... /s

This was my go-to grocery store for a number of years. Went back yesterday for one last shop before it closes. Still knew exactly where all the things I needed were located. Actually going to miss it when it closes.

I spoke with a couple staff who work at the No Frills here. One said the store is closing at the end of April this year and the other said June lol.

Its definitely April; though I'm now hearing it will be a bit further into the month.

I really like that No Frills. I grew up around the area, and I believe it was Food City originally, became Knob Hills Farms, and now No Frills. I feel like I'm missing an iteration. In that plaza, I still miss Consumer Distributors even though they have their wonky catalog system. :)

Back