Toronto Ontario Line: Exhibition Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

Great shots! Doe we know what the site plan looks like once this is finished? just wondering how liberty village and all the condos will integrate with the new Ontario Line, portal etc. It's a mess right now, hope it looks good when done.

Not the easiest of images to decode but there will be a new road (Liberty Street) that goes alongside the Ontario Line from Dufferin to Strachan with connections to the north south roads:

1000100211.png

I am a bit confused by this. There's already a Liberty Street here. So is this becoming Liberty Street instead? Or are they just referring to it this way to mean New Liberty Village Street?

Also, isn't this street supposed to have been part of the Front Street extension?

Here are a few more shots for context. They're also planning a Transit-oriented-development over-top the main entrance building that'll be on the north side of the new Liberty street.

1725906944546.png

Image below shows the street travelling along the Ontario Line tracks to the east of Exhibition GO station:
1725906969448.png

Image below shows TOD's and the new street to the west of the new Exhibition GO station:
1725907610623.png

This should be a massive improvement to what we currently have in this area. Just needs 10ish years to get to this future state!

I am a bit confused by this. There's already a Liberty Street here. So is this becoming Liberty Street instead? Or are they just referring to it this way to mean New Liberty Village Street?

Also, isn't this street supposed to have been part of the Front Street extension?

It used to be a part of the Front Street extension but that was shelved but this portion of it was revived and recommended a few years ago by the city as a local street between Bathurst and Strachan. And yes, I believe it's not yet named but provisionally being called Liberty New Street.
1725908352384.png

As this preceded the Ontario Line and expanded Exhibition GO station, they had to re-align the portion of the new street further to the north near Atlantic avenue and the requirement to procure additional properties in that area allowed for the TOD's that were shown in my previous post.

The above image is from the city's report from 2016: Liberty New Street Municipal Class Environmental Assessment

Got some photos of the newly opened tunnel extension today. Knowing that this tunnel will be permanent, why couldn't they make it look nicer than concrete and exposed pipes? If TTC can make their underground passageways look nicer, why can't GO?

Starting from the newly opened entrance off Atlantic.
Z8P_3536.jpg
Z8P_3539.jpg
Z8P_3540.jpg
Z8P_3546.jpg
Z8P_3548-Pano.jpg

Z8P_3557.jpg
Z8P_3560.jpg
Z8P_3563-Pano.jpg
Z8P_3572.jpg

From the bottom of the stairs leading up to Westbound Go platform.
Z8P_3576.jpg
Z8P_3578.jpg

Got some photos of the newly opened tunnel extension today. Knowing that this tunnel will be permanent, why couldn't they make it look nicer than concrete and exposed pipes? If TTC can make their underground passageways look nicer, why can't GO?

Starting from the newly opened entrance off Atlantic.
View attachment 595036View attachment 595037View attachment 595038View attachment 595039View attachment 595040

View attachment 595041View attachment 595042View attachment 595043View attachment 595044

From the bottom of the stairs leading up to Westbound Go platform.
View attachment 595045View attachment 595046

Wow, I used this tunnel to get to the Dom Dolla show at the amphitheatre and didn't even realize it was new and/or supposed to be permanent infrastructure. Just thought it was temporary during OL construction.

We really lack civic pride to build brand new public infrastructure like this.

Great pix! I was coming back to town last week and realized for the first time how big Exhibition Station will be. I imagine that there will be a lot of work on this project as it will highly visible for the World Cup in 2026.

It has the same look as every GO tunnel ever, so I dunno why y'all are so surprised. It's like you never took a GO train before lol.

That furthers my point. Why does GO never make the effort but TTC does?

The tunnel is permanent? Do we have actual confirmation on that?

The north and south tunnel entry buildings are in the architectural plans so they are here to stay. See the 1st photo of my post further up the page.

Last edited:

Back