Toronto Ontario Line: Cosburn Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | HDR

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Database file coming soon, but in the meantime, here is the first rendering:

12_Future Ontario Line station entrance on the northwest corner of Pape Ave and Cosburn Ave.jpg

Here's the neighbourhood context map. Like at Pape to the south, the station will not be below Pape itself, but instead of being to the east of Pape, here it will be to the west:

olta_north_segment_maps_mx_engage_cosburn_20220203_final.png

As I've spent my entire life growing up in this neighbourhood, I'm kind of disappointed with this plan. I don't want to see that entire west side stretch of retail wiped out for a station and would much rather see the McDonalds on the north-east corner replaced. I do understand however that the tracks will run west of Pape, so it is what it is I guess.

I'm thinking that they must make money by increasing the property value prior to expropriation because on the site of the Mt Pleasant Crosstown secondary entrance they fixed up the property while public consultations were in progress indicating exactly where the station would be.

Pretty sure the station is going further north on the property on the south west corner of Gamble & Pape. Was supposed to be a Shoppers Drug Mart and would have been built by now.

Can't quite get the exact view angle available right at the corner on Google Maps, but the perspective of the rendering lines up with the NW corner of Pape & Cosburn, looking west ward along Cosburn.

The neighbourhood context map (a few posts up) also indicates that corner, along with a smaller station structure a bit south of Cosburn.

12_future-ontario-line-station-entrance-on-the-northwest-corner-of-pape-ave-and-cosburn-ave-jpg.388157

cosb.JPG

Last edited:
Can't quite get the exact view angle available right at the corner on Google Maps, but the perspective of the rendering lines up with the NW corner of Pape & Cosburn, looking west ward along Cosburn.

The neighbourhood context map (a few posts up) also indicates that corner, along with a smaller station structure a bit south of Cosburn.

12_future-ontario-line-station-entrance-on-the-northwest-corner-of-pape-ave-and-cosburn-ave-jpg.388157

View attachment 388849

Here's an older shot from Apple Maps

1648650557220.png

And like most of these renders, they're just placeholders and don't reflect the planned TOC development at both the northwest and southwest corners of Pape and Cosburn. Still pretty appalling that all of that retail will be wiped out to allow for cut and cover construction. Of course Metrolinx knows best...

Back