Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Here's another idea that maybe people have raised before. What if instead of the DRL, they built a queen street subway for the GO RER from broadview in the East to Dufferin in the West.

That might be interesting but it is not part of the funded design work underway.

Bringing it back to the proposal at hand then, how much variability is expected between the design and the reality once the TPAP process is complete? I'm drawing on the confederation line again since it's the project I know the most about, and there were very significant changes once the consortium completed the remaining 30% design work (all the station designs, the tunnel alignment shifted north and shallower, etc). I didn't follow the early stages of the extension out to Vaughan, so I'm not sure how much that project differed from its original design.

Last edited:
Bringing it back to the proposal at hand then, how much variability is expected between the design and the reality one the TPAP process is complete? I'm drawing on the confederation line again since it's the project I know the most about, and there were very significant everything changed once the consortium completed the remaining 30% design work (all the station designs, the tunnel alignment shifted north and shallower, etc)
Vehicle type still hasn't been detailed in any releases I can find. Only routing, and even that still appears flexible, as well it should be at this stage.

https://www.merx4.merx.com/public/solicitations/597794367/abstract

You're straying off topic in multiple threads - and have been warned multiple times for doing so. Just like you are about to in this particular case. This isn't a fantasy thread.

MoD

Bringing it back to the proposal at hand then, how much variability is expected between the design and the reality once the TPAP process is complete? I'm drawing on the confederation line again since it's the project I know the most about, and there were very significant changes once the consortium completed the remaining 30% design work (all the station designs, the tunnel alignment shifted north and shallower, etc). I didn't follow the early stages of the extension out to Vaughan, so I'm not sure how much that project differed from its original design.

Until anything is announced, it s really all just a fantasy.

At least $150M has already been firmly committed to it and is being spent down now, so it's much past fantasy (even if it should've happened decades ago).

We don't have a start or end date. We don't know where all the stations will be. We don't know what the final route will be.

So, with so many unknowns, it is still up for speculation.

We don't have a start or end date. We don't know where all the stations will be. We don't know what the final route will be.

Well we do have the (hopeful) latest required date for 2031. Also, preliminary plans for the alignment and station locations have already been announced. Whether or not they change in the 30% or final design is always possible.

Not really, we have a general idea what the line and stations as proposed will be. As far as the current proposal goes - it isn't running GO trains on it. Period.

AoD

There is a basis in fact, so "fantasy" in itself is 'fantastical'. It's *conjecture*. And as to how some believe that's carved in stone is tunnel vision. (pun entirely intended)

Well we do have the (hopeful) latest required date for 2031. Also, preliminary plans for the alignment and station locations have already been announced. Whether or not they change in the 30% or final design is always possible.

Not really, we have a general idea what the line and stations as proposed will be. As far as the current proposal goes - it isn't running GO trains on it. Period.

AoD

Locked down to the meter, or to the kilometer? :D

We don't have a firm start or end date.

We don't know exactly where all the stations will be.

We don't know exactly what the final route will be.

There I fixed it.

TBH, we don't realy know what they will use for rolling stock. We know it probably won't be Go Trains. Might be a subway. Might be a streetcar/LRT or it might even be an ALRV, or something else.....

We don't have a firm start or end date.

We don't know exactly where all the stations will be.

We don't know exactly what the final route will be.

There I fixed it.

TBH, we don't realy know what they will use for rolling stock. We know it probably won't be Go Trains. Might be a subway. Might be a streetcar/LRT or it might even be an ALRV, or something else.....
So you want confirmed facts with little to no error, rather than suppose what people have said are facts, which can be upright false?

So you want confirmed facts with little to no error, rather than suppose what people have said are facts, which can be upright false?

It would be nice if there were official documents. So, if there is any official documents that give us proposed information, please post that. Otherwise, we are all speculating and fantasizing.

Back