Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

I don't know how anybody can read that and this and not come to the conclusion that both Tory and Keesmatt need to be fired for trying to pawn off these blatant lies on the voters.
I thought Liberty village was to be one of the stops on SamrtTrack either C of D option. I find it hard to believe that there will not be pressure to remove the streetcar on Queen St. If the streetcar is ever removed it will change the character of Queen for sure and store and restaurants not too happy as pedestrian traffic is now below

Say option D is chosen with the 4-5 stops, does this mean SmartTack runs on the same tracks as GO and only stops at those new 4-5 stations or is it really GO which will run and not only continue to stop at the stations presently on that route plus now the new added 4-5 stops? I really need to understand this

Say option D is chosen with the 4-5 stops, does this mean SmartTack runs on the same tracks as GO and only stops at those new 4-5 stations or is it really GO which will run and not only continue to stop at the stations presently on that route plus now the new added 4-5 stops? I really need to understand this

It's the latter. SmartTrack is not really a thing anymore. In fact it's not even a city of Toronto project at this point.

It's the latter. SmartTrack is not really a thing anymore. In fact it's not even a city of Toronto project at this point.
so if thats the case i doubt this will be TTC type fares. I guess it will be whatever fare integration Metrolinx has planned. i am surprised Tory who is on good terms with Wynne and they meet every week is not getting more of what he wants it terms of it being a separate brand and part of TTC. its almost like he gives up too easily and I am beginning to believe what people say about him being wishy washy. You can bet no other politician would give up on what they had run on. Plus he could be seen as given up control of TTC to metrolinx. TTC is operating Crosstown but what about Finch and Sheppard? I prefer TTC looking out for the interests of Toronto

Maybe merging it with the relief line could be the birth of a circle line for Toronto like in London? (which is quite convenient)
Given that London converted the Circle line into a non-circle to provide end-to-end operation after years of service issues, perhaps we shouldn't be trying to follow a road shown to be a failure when there is frequent service.

We need both Smart Trac and DRL to be substantive additions. What happened to Smart Trac is a shame. The idea of a cheap alternative to digging a subway by using an existing rail right of way makes good sense, except that it can't really provide the speed and frequency unless it gets whittled down. That's where we are now. The only way around this is to circumvent the backlog at Union. We need another rail terminus, and it has to connect to the subway network. A combination Go station and DRL station at Bathurst?

We need both Smart Trac and DRL to be substantive additions. What happened to Smart Trac is a shame. The idea of a cheap alternative to digging a subway by using an existing rail right of way makes good sense, except that it can't really provide the speed and frequency unless it gets whittled down. That's where we are now. The only way around this is to circumvent the backlog at Union. We need another rail terminus, and it has to connect to the subway network. A combination Go station and DRL station at Bathurst?
I have always liked SmartTrack and want to see it happen. So you are suggesting after getting off SmartTrack at Bathurst, hop on DRL? But it runs along Queen St. What of someone (or many) working at King or Union? How would they get there? How fast would the speed be on SmartTrack or GO electrified?

From our chief planner RE University Line ridership:

DOVQbvX.jpg

so if thats the case i doubt this will be TTC type fares. I guess it will be whatever fare integration Metrolinx has planned. i am surprised Tory who is on good terms with Wynne and they meet every week is not getting more of what he wants it terms of it being a separate brand and part of TTC. its almost like he gives up too easily and I am beginning to believe what people say about him being wishy washy. You can bet no other politician would give up on what they had run on. Plus he could be seen as given up control of TTC to metrolinx. TTC is operating Crosstown but what about Finch and Sheppard? I prefer TTC looking out for the interests of Toronto
The distinction between TTC fares and GO fares will become moot when the two are integrated. The city and province should be working towards an integrated system, not fighting over turf.

The idea of a cheap alternative to digging a subway by using an existing rail right of way makes good sense
You just described RER :D

I have always liked SmartTrack and want to see it happen. So you are suggesting after getting off SmartTrack at Bathurst, hop on DRL? But it runs along Queen St. What of someone (or many) working at King or Union? How would they get there? How fast would the speed be on SmartTrack or GO electrified?

The answer is no because the person responsible for planning in Toronto believes a better network is created when the GO and TTC worlds do not collide.

I predict we get Option D for Smart Trac, with the proviso that additional stations are considered based on real ridership patterns. As for the question of where and how RL could intersect a new GO station at Bathurst, there was talk at the meeting of diverting RL onto King in the west. I didn't really understand why, but something was said about the challenge of tunneling through a neighbourhood. I don't know if that's because of the way Richmond narrows west of Bathurst. Richmond is being considered for tunneling, though there are pipe issues. There are no plans to remove streetcar tracks from Queen, thankfully.

Given that London converted the Circle line into a non-circle to provide end-to-end operation after years of service issues, perhaps we shouldn't be trying to follow a road shown to be a failure when there is frequent service.
Apparently, the best strategy in Mini Metro (as in the indie game) doesn't work in real life.

Gosh no. Theres zero demand for that service level on Sheppard. Just leave the Relief Line as a "Big U" and the Yonge Line as the "Little U". In fact, I think the names of the lines should be changed to that :)

Fun fact:

The Yonge Line's original specifications were for it to have headways of 2 minutes. That's using the existing 1950s signalling system. The TTC has never once been able to achieve 2 minute headways, largely because of Bloor-Yonge capacity constraints. The line typically runs at 2 min 20 second at rush hour.

ATOs target is now 1 min 50 second headways. Nothing has been done to reduce B-Y capacity constraints, so it will be interesting to see if they are able to get it down to a 1 min 50 sec.

Fun fact:

The Yonge Line's original specifications were for it to have headways of 2 minutes. That's using the existing 1950s signalling system. The TTC has never once been able to achieve 2 minute headways, largely because of Bloor-Yonge capacity constraints. The line typically runs at 2 min 20 second at rush hour.

ATOs target is now 1 min 50 second headways. Nothing has been done to reduce B-Y capacity constraints, so it will be interesting to see if they are able to get it down to a 1 min 50 sec.
Another fun fact: We've had capacity constraints at Bloor-Yonge pretty much since day 1.

And now if we don't advance with the Relief Line to Sheppard (/or find some other alternative to reducing Yonge line use) then we are going to have to spend $1.2b (probably more now with inflation) on refurbishing Bloor-Yonge station to deal with passenger flows.

Back