Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Your right.. I thought York Mill switched to Wilson at Bathurst for some reason..

Yonge North will happen, the question is when. Not for a while at least as the DRL is needed first. Bringing it to Steeles is "allowed" to occur before the DRL however so we may see that.

All depends on what happens on thursday as well.

They've flip-flopped on the Danforth extension so many times, why not flip-flop again to switch Pioneer Village back to Steeles West and drop the Metropolitan from Vaughan?

The 416 is already a Liberal zone. If the polls are believable, the Liberals are headed to a near-wipeout of the 416, with Toronto-Danforth being the only remaining non-Liberal seat.

It's the rest of the province that matters. Especially Ottawa. There's 4 seats there that are still too close to call.

The 416 is already a Liberal zone. If the polls are believable, the Liberals are headed to a near-wipeout of the 416, with Toronto-Danforth being the only remaining non-Liberal seat.

It's the rest of the province that matters. Especially Ottawa. There's 4 seats there that are still too close to call.

Not to mention close races in KW, Guelph, ect

Ideally, Hudak's anti-LRT stance in Ottawa and K-W will flip those ridings red and the Green pull an upset in that race in Guelph (I believe it was?).

The Libs plan likely only has funding for pape to st Andrew, $15 billion isn't enough to do the second phase on top of the GO electrification and other projects they are discussing.

The Libs plan likely only has funding for pape to st Andrew, $15 billion isn't enough to do the second phase on top of the GO electrification and other projects they are discussing.

That's ridiculously short and a little useless. Although I suppose that fare integration and a simplified connection would allow a post-GTS more-frequent Kitchener GO line from Union to Bloor (connecting at Dundas West TTC) to serve as a bit of a proxy for the western half, for now.

At the end of the day though a full wider "U" of a DRL is essential in the first phase. If we're going to do this, let's do it right.

You could get away with an "L" that fell over from Pape to Sunnyside, as a first phase. It would not be the most ideal, but it would probably be more feasible than trying to connect the line back up to Dundas West or Keele.

Last edited:

That's ridiculously short and a little useless. Although I suppose that fare integration and a simplified connection would allow a post-GTS more-frequent Kitchener GO line from Union to Bloor (connecting at Dundas West TTC) to serve as a bit of a proxy for the western half, for now.

At the end of the day though a full wider "U" of a DRL is essential in the first phase. If we're going to do this, let's do it right.

I agree with Mrs Nesbitt again. Pape to St andrew does nothing commuters really. Honestly I wish we would bite the bullet and do Dundas West-Eglinton Don Mills as phase 1 but that's 8.3 billion dollars. Ontario is scared of big projects mostly. Eglinton was the first one in years.

I agree with Mrs Nesbitt again. Pape to St andrew does nothing commuters really. Honestly I wish we would bite the bullet and do Dundas West-Eglinton Don Mills as phase 1 but that's 8.3 billion dollars. Ontario is scared of big projects mostly. Eglinton was the first one in years.

It would do plenty. Lots of people on Danforth trains would transfer at Pape, rapid transit would be expanded to neighbourhoods like Corktown and Riverdale, and downtown streetcar riders would have their commutes improved immensely. Even a short phase 1 of a DRL would be something to celebrate and a huge improvement on what we have now, and this portion is the most essential part. The whole U doesn't have to be built in the first phase.

Back