Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Before someone says I'm being fanciful (which I am a bit)......... I love my example of the former Mayor of Chicago who closed his version of the Island Airport by having City workers tear up the runway in the middle of the night, without notifying the FAA or obtaining required Federal permissions.

He won, the airport closed.

Sometimes, a little bit of courage goes a long way.
And as often as people post this, I will remind that Daley was found to have misappropriated O’Hare money to do the work which the City had to repay, that parked aircraft were stranded, and the FAA fined Chicago the max it could for closing the airport without prior notification (small amount) and that fine quantum was significantly increased nine-fold because there was a realization that such a significant act should have a significant penalty,

And sure, Meigs is now a park. But when your favourite mayor does stuff in the night with strong mayor powers, your worst nightmare mayor can say “I can do stuff like that too”

And as often as people post this, I will remind that Daley was found to have misappropriated O’Hare money to do the work which the City had to repay, that parked aircraft were stranded, and the FAA fined Chicago the max it could for closing the airport without prior notification (small amount) and that fine quantum was significantly increased nine-fold because there was a realization that such a significant act should have a significant penalty,

I am aware of the above.

And sure, Meigs is now a park. But when your favourite mayor does stuff in the night with strong mayor powers, your worst nightmare mayor can say “I can do stuff like that too”

I would never argue different; but the point here was that Mx was being abusive of area residents and the City and ignoring legitimate concerns, the point was that the City could choose to be equally obnoxious and difficult in the other direction.

That was all.

Sponsored ad in my IG feed today. What *ever* could this mean? 🤔

(Edit: sorry, I meant to post this in the Doug Ford's Ontario thread. Anyway, I acknowledge those who have commented that this is normal 1+ years prior to an election)
1000023835.jpg

Last edited:
New hydro tower almost complete south of the OSC. Guess they are either using the opportunity of the impending Ontario line to rebuild/consolidate the existing pylons, or this is actually necessary work for the line. Anyway, photo from this afternoon
View attachment 600562

Most of the Gatineau corridor, which runs from Ottawa and terminates in Toronto, is very close to end-of-life: some portions date from the late 1920's. The recommendation of the report below which handles Ottawa through to roughly Peterborough is to refurbish and modernize at similar capacity. While the Toronto portion is outside the scope of the report, I expect we're seeing the same steps from Metrolinx's budget.

Last edited:
Reactions: PL1
View attachment 600640
It's nothing, dont read into it.

Elections Ontario is completely separate from government, and doesnt run like those "arms-length agencies". Technically it's part of the legislature.

They typically start hiring 1+ year ahead of any provincial election, and as the next one is scheduled (as of now for June 2026), that would fit their timeline.

(Edit: sorry, I meant to post this in the Doug Ford's Ontario thread. Anyway, I acknowledge those who have commented that this is normal 1+ years prior to an election)
View attachment 600640

Here's the job description. It appears to be gearing up for the scheduled 2026 election.

For the 2026 general election, you can expect the following:
• Pre-election period: November 2024 – April 2026; part-time, variable hours
Orientation week (36.25 hours) in November 2024
Recruitment of office staff (5 hours) between November – January
Training week (25 hours) February-March 2025
Target registration and outreach activities (10-20 hours/week) April-
May 2025
• Election period: May-June 2026; full-time hours, 6 days per week

hawc, kotsey do you have any recent drone photos of the area just south of the Ontario Science Centre where the Ontario line will be turning west?

Particularly the area above the ET Seton Archery Range? The facebook page created by the archers there have recently reported/noticed the encroachment and widening of the work area that has caused the range to be reduced/reconfigured. It's an active group and some aerial photos would be great to see.
Thanks a ton!!!

hawc, kotsey do you have any recent drone photos of the area just south of the Ontario Science Centre where the Ontario line will be turning west?

Particularly the area above the ET Seton Archery Range? The facebook page created by the archers there have recently reported/noticed the encroachment and widening of the work area that has caused the range to be reduced/reconfigured. It's an active group and some aerial photos would be great to see.
Thanks a ton!!!
I remember this one.
Notice says 3 weeks + 1 week extension.
Give it to the 14th and it should be clear

Back to views from the Millwood/Leaside bridge. I didn't shoot the ramp/future crane site today as nothing appears to have changed.

Possible advance works on the north side of the valley:
1000023890.jpg

More trees cleared where the portal north of Pape will be:
1000023891.jpg

Back