Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

... they should look at putting a entrance/exit on the street platforms for the Queen / Spadina Station... much like the Bloor streetcar stop had eons ago.

... they should look at putting a entrance/exit on the street platforms for the Queen / Spadina Station... much like the Bloor streetcar stop had eons ago.

Nowhere near enough room. Those platforms are too narrow to safely and effectively serve the volume of the existing LRT.

That might be changable if you take at least one vehicle lane and any parking away. (but could still be tight)

But if that isn't on the table, then it isn't workable.

Last edited:
Latest Metrolinx blog post on the Ontario Line. Includes station footprint maps for Exhibition, King/Bathurst, and Queen/Spadina.

View attachment 326719

View attachment 326718
View attachment 326728
Gave it a "like" not a "love". Still missing the Waterfront West LRT connection, especially between the Exhibition Loop and Dufferin Street. They could at the very least put a dotted line for "future" proposals.

"The Ontario Line will give people a new and faster way to reach Ontario Place, trade shows, the CNE, BMO Field and Liberty Village street life by public transit." Oh? Are they moving Ontario Place north closer to the station? 😄 😄 :eek:

Last edited:
MX is live now with a presentation

Each day about 4,000 people are expected to transfer between the Ontario Line the 501 Queen and 510 Spadina streetcars at this station.

Is it just me, or does this number seem a little low? I know this is just referring to transfers, but given the growth in this area and the ridership of those two lines, I'd imagine the number would be higher.

Even if it starts there, I can't imagine it will stay at 4,000 for very long.

I hope these stations are being designed to handle large volumes.

Is it just me, or does this number seem a little low? I know this is just referring to transfers, but given the growth in this area and the ridership of those two lines, I'd imagine the number would be higher.

Even if it starts there, I can't imagine it will stay at 4,000 for very long.

I hope these stations are being designed to handle large volumes.
i mean the 501 has a bit over 50000 daily riders and the 510 has a little over 40000. So 4,000 transfers at once station alone is pretty good actually

so on the exhibition station webinar tonight i cant be too sure it seemed like they were implying at multiple points that not only is there going to be an underground tunnel but a "above ground concourse above the train tracks"
quote comes from this question:
heres another vague reference to it

sounds like some kind of elevated walkway being planned above the tracks with no designs for it yet

Im thinking something akin to either the liberty village pedestrian bridge? or the pickering GO station one, though maybe too big of a comparison

There will be a temporary bridge to be used during the construction and improvements of the underground tunnels but i dont think thats what they were referring to.

At 59:20 of the Youtube Video the panelist mentioned they hope to have the line operational in 2030... so from 2027 to 2029 to 2030. I wonder when it will actually be operational?

Back