Toronto Ontario Line 3 | ?m | ?s

Its both amazing and frustrating that people here who live in DT Toronto, expect both the convenience of large metro transit and the sanctuary of a distant suburb neighbourhood at the same time. Sorry you cant have both.
If you want to live in the city you need to expect to live like a metropolis. The 60s urban sprawl is long over and people need to adapt to the current reality

Absolutely. We should do everything within reason to limit noise and air pollution downtown, but there are limits and you have to be reasonable that when you pack 4 million people into a small space like this, theres gonna be some compromises.

Do everything possible to make the above ground portion of the Ontario Line as visually aesthetically pleasing as possible, and install noise abatement procedures on the tracks, bogies, foundations etc. Metrolinx has already done a huge solid by moving the line to one side of the tracks.

But underground isn't a magic bullet either. I lived above the subway for 10 years and it shook the whole house everytime it went by.

Its both amazing and frustrating that people here who live in DT Toronto, expect both the convenience of large metro transit and the sanctuary of a distant suburb neighbourhood at the same time. Sorry you cant have both.
If you want to live in the city you need to expect to live like a metropolis. The 60s urban sprawl is long over and people need to adapt to the current reality

Right. The 60s urban sprawl in Leslieville. Completely unacceptable.

Unless you live on Eglinton West, Scarborough, Markham, Richmond Hill, etc.

Last edited:
Some Ontario Line references in this video.

Presentation Materials for tonight's meeting. In it is the 9 different MSF sites proposed by Metrolinx.

1618525645210.png

1618525671433.png

1618525721079.png

1618525746728.png

1618525782498.png

Meeting link:

In addition to the MSF there was a meeting hosted by Councillor Wong-Tam tonight. IO and Metrolinx were in attendance and presented. I assume the slides will be posted but these ones were significant I thought.

Metrolinx says they want the entirety of the First Parliament Site by August. Not sure if that's the beginning or end of August.

Screenshot_2021-04-15_190319.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-15_190400.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-15_190450.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-15_190549.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-15_190641.jpg

Last edited:
I guess very clear confirmation of platform screen doors, which shouldn't be too surprising.

What was their explanation for the underground Science Center transfer? Was it something like "the station would be really deep so transfers would still be long"?

What was their explanation for the underground Science Center transfer? Was it something like "the station would be really deep so transfers would still be long"?
The only mention of that specific transfer I remember was a quick explanation as to why they moved the science centre station platforms to the north side of Eglinton months ago. They did broadly talk about stations not being underground to avoid excessively long escalator rides from street to platform levels

The irony being that the government is planning to tunnel deep in the distant suburbs lol, even go so far as to tunnel to extemities below rivers. No posts about that eh.

Anyway this Munro alignment is dang near identical to the two iterations of the 1985 "DRL", which in itself was already an affordable subway.

Reactions: syn
Haven't been around lately?

tbh I don't think I've ever seen cplchanb talk about that. And the amount of posters mentioning tunneling below Highland Ck and East Don for sse and ynse respectively I can count on my fingers. So not sure what you're getting at.

tbh I don't think I've ever seen cplchanb talk about that. And the amount of posters mentioning tunneling below Highland Ck and East Don for sse and ynse respectively I can count on my fingers. So not sure what you're getting at.
I see lots of discussion questioning why we are tunneling on many of the suburban lines. Two wrongs doesn't make a right.

Back