Toronto One Delisle | 155m | 44s | Slate | Studio Gang

If you're going to skip numbers out of concern for the superstitious, then that's 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, and 44—six of them—on the way to 47… which makes no sense since an actual 44-storey building that's being called 47 storeys high is only missing 3 storeys, hence my question to @brandondonnelly of Slate.

If they're going to be completely arbitrary with numbers, why not count the parking levels too?

If you're going to skip numbers out of concern for the superstitious, then that's 4, 13, 14, 24, 34, and 44—six of them—on the way to 47… which makes no sense since an actual 44-storey building that's being called 47 storeys high is only missing 3 storeys, hence my question to @brandondonnelly of Slate.

I've seen buildings where they skip 4, but not 14, 24 etc. We know this building will skip 44 for sure, since the ad mentions Sky Collection (Floors 30-43) and Penthouse (Floors 45-47).

I've seen buildings where they skip 4, but not 14, 24 etc. We know this building will skip 44 for sure, since the ad mentions Sky Collection (Floors 30-43) and Penthouse (Floors 45-47).

I think CityPlace skips all 4s. Anyways IMO the government should prohibit the practice of arbitrarily removing floors from building flooring schemes (potential source of confusion during matters of health and safety).

AoD

I think CityPlace skips all 4s. Anyways IMO the government should prohibit the practice of arbitrarily removing floors from building flooring schemes (potential source of confusion during matters of health and safety).

AoD
Yes, CityPlace buildings do skip all 4s (used to live in one), but I've been to condos in Toronto (can't remember which) where there's no 4th floor, but there are 14th, 24th and 34th (I don't think the buildings I went to are tall enough to have 44th). Maybe these are for the mildly superstitious 😒

AoD

They wouldn't dare. It's just a matter of time before the number 4 gets a trigger warning on Sesame St.

They wouldn't dare. It's just a matter of time before the number 4 gets a trigger warning on Sesame St.

Pointer Sisters want a word with you:

Anyways, I am saying that as someone whose home culture is supposed to be the source of this practice - down with all this superstitious BS, I'd say (same with the missing 13th).

AoD

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-03-25 222025.png

What are "enviable trenches"? Was that supposed to say "tranches?"

Attachments

• 1616725284311.png
    1616725284311.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 189
Perhaps I was being culturally insensitive about this subject, though that was never my intention. I apologize to anyone I had offended in that. :(

That said, I still don't think building specs should be mixed with unproven beliefs, unless it's for a religious based project. And I'll leave it at that.

...but if marketing still insisted on having floor counts based on mystical properties, how about having it with prime numbers and 42 only then? <3

Some serious anthropromorphising going on here.

If your artichoke or asparagus looks like this; send it for testing in a lab; do not consume!

If your pine cone looks like this.......just run!

:D

Some serious anthropromorphising going on here.

If your artichoke or asparagus looks like this; send it for testing in a lab; do not consume!

If your pine cone looks like this.......just run!

:D
One Delisle looks like a cross between the US Bank Tower in Los Angeles, an artichoke, and an asparagus.

Los_Angeles_Library_Tower_%28small%29_crop.jpg

Plus

754px-Artichoke_J1.jpg

Plus

403px-Asparagus-Bundle.jpg

Create

33068-98903.jpeg

First three images are from Wikimedia Commons; fourth is developer rendering

Last edited:

Back