Toronto One Bloor East | 257.24m | 76s | Great Gulf | Hariri Pontarini

You know, looking up at it, Aqua reminds me of those old wood skeleton models that were popular back in the '90s. I had many and loved them, and making this connection just now makes me like Aqua even more. It's so raw and sculptural.

http://www.healthstones.com/dinosaurstore/dinosaur_wood_kits/dinosaur_wood_kits.html

That said, 1 Bloor looks to be the more graceful and beautiful of the two, and I'm really excited to see it rise.

your dinosaur skeleton toys are awesome I would still love to play with them and I agree that one bloor seems more graceful of the two. I hope the quality will be graceful as well.

Construction has really sped up today with the warm weather! There have been concrete trucks driving by all day.

2ir9an6.jpg

great photo, i like the aerial views where you can see how far they have poured in the different quadrants of the job. Don't get me wrong though the shots from the street that get posted are excellent as well, showing off the curve effect and stepping of the building. keep up the the good work everyone with the ongoing photos.

One thing I always found interesting about Toronto's condos, but especially the larger ones like this, is how amazingly few elevators they have.
According to the floor plans, this building will have 6 elevators to access 789 residential units, or one elevator for every 131 units.

For residents of One Bloor, the worst part of their daily commute might be merely leaving their own building.

This building is going to be H-U-G-E!!!! Looks over at the CIBC or Bay buildings on the north side of Bloor and picture that plus another half that building on top! Crazy high.

One thing I always found interesting about Toronto's condos, but especially the larger ones like this, is how amazingly few elevators they have.
According to the floor plans, this building will have 6 elevators to access 789 residential units, or one elevator for every 131 units.

For residents of One Bloor, the worst part of their daily commute might be merely leaving their own building.

There are 2 banks of 3 elevators in the building - one bank serves the first 38 floors and one bank serves the upper floors.

This is why when I'm choosing a place to live, I always pick the 4th floor or lower.
Pros
- Bigger unit per price paid
- Take the stairs (for health)
- Balcony has street life to watch
Cons
- Less view

The Bay building is approximately 135m or 443ft. One Bloor on the other hand will top out at 257m or 843ft. It's almost twice as tall.

is how amazingly few elevators they have.

We have 6 elevators for 520 units and if only one elevator is on service, the wait time changes drastically.

not every resident is going to use the elevators at the same time. so I guess six elevators are enough.

not every resident is going to use the elevators at the same time. so I guess six elevators are enough.

It won't be. I live on a high floor in ROCP 1, where there are 6 elevators for about 650 units, and it is my #1 source of frustration by far. We had an elevator off-line for weeks last summer, it was brutal. It is an issue that is vastly underestimated in my opinion.

Back